Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #451
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Can anyone suggest a cover that will work with my Mightybright TravelFlex Light?

It is a clip-style light and the clip needs to slide down between the back of the reader and the cover. It's hard to tell if the covers will allow that as the screenshots don't show the top of the cases. Also, it's not clear if the cases allow that much space. For example, the official sony cover is so flush and tiht with the back that I doubt the light clip could get in there.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #452
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I have the Travelflex (although I use it with a Kindle) and what I do is clip it to the front cover and fold it back like this:

Last edited by xtine; 05-24-2012 at 10:37 AM.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #453
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I have a red T1 with a white cover lighted Sony cover. I really love the Sony lighted cover - it's fits the T1 really well, it is very light, and I find that the light doesn't add as much extra bulk as the light on the PRS-350 cover did (I have that one, too). I use rechargeable AAA batteries with both of my lighted covers (for the 350 and the T1). The batteries last quite a while.
I am curious how your white T1 cover has been over time. Does it still look clean? Does it show dirt easily?
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #454
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I am curious how your white T1 cover has been over time. Does it still look clean? Does it show dirt easily?
It is actually quite clean, I have been very pleased with it. I don't baby it per se, but it is usually in my purse or on my night table.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #455
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you JSWolf and LatinandGreek for your input on the actual Sony case. If I found a great deal, I'd buy one, $45 is really more than I want to spend after seeing some of the really nice covers in this thread for $15-$20. I'd be willing to have a decent clip on light to save myself $25-$30! Amazon.ca has some really nice cases, that's why I asked specifically about the Evecase or Navitech. The Evecase looks identical to the recent pictures someone just posted in the last 2-3 pages, and it's only $10! I think I have a lot of online shopping to do!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #456
marty1990
Enthusiast
marty1990 began at the beginning.

Device: None
So I've just ordered a PRS-T1, and am wanting to get a case for it. Preferably one that will hide the glossy bevel (for sunny days). Pomtroll recommended I get the Gecko Cover one, and it seems a bit expensive. It came priced in Euro's, and after converting it to GBP, it's still about £25.

So am wondering if any Kindle covers would fit it? I don't particularly like the cases with the magnetic clip. I prefer cases that kind of just fold over, like the Gecko case. Is there anything, that's not too expensive?

Thanks.
marty1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #457
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
You might consider the Sony covers, if you want a non clasp type, but they are up around the cost of the Gecko cover and not as nice IMHO.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:07 AM   #458
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Has anyone tried ones made by 'Evecase' or 'Navitech', just wondering about fit/quality. etc.
I have a Navitech cover. First - it doesn't look like the photos, either on their own site or on the Amazon one. If you look at message #82 on page 6 of this thread, (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=152798&page=6) capuchino71 has posted some pictures of their pink one, and that's almost identical to mine, except that mine seems to fit better at the bottom; the bit of the case underneath the buttons doesn't seem to swoop down so low. I presume that's because I bought mine a bit later so they'd fixed the sewing problem mentioned in that message.

Can't really add anything to what I said in my reply (#96 on page 7) , other than to update on how it's worn. Still not 100% sure it's leather, but it's held up well. After 5 months, there's no scuffing to speak of, even though it's been carried in a bag quite often. There are a couple of creases along the spine and the closing strap, and they look like leather creases - they flatten out if I press on them and there's no sign of any cracking or anything. The stitching, while not particularly attractive (really don't know why they didn't use black), has stayed in place without coming undone. The only thing that has happened is that a bit of the edging has come off - all the raw edges around the cut-out bits are finished with a sort of plastic piping, and that's come off right at the bottom around the cutout for the buttons. Not major - I glued back what was left, and used some black nail polish to fill in the little bit that had fallen off. I was concerned (see #219) about the fact that the corners had cut-outs, but there hasn't been any damage to the corners of the T1, so it seems that wasn't an issue, in fact.

For what I paid (£12 inc P&P), I think it's been a good-value case.

Just to mention - bibahbuzeman put a link to this one, which seemed to be very similar to the Navitech, but better quality for a similar price: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Case-S...841865&sr=1-63

Last edited by LuvReadin; 05-25-2012 at 05:12 AM.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #459
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
It is actually quite clean, I have been very pleased with it. I don't baby it per se, but it is usually in my purse or on my night table.
I've got a white Sony T1 cover that I've had since mid January. It's got a handful of reasonably light smudges and marks as well as a blue dot that I think is from a ball point pen, but it's still relatively clean.

My biggest niggle with the Sony T1 cover is lack of a place for the stylus. I keep it in the fold of the case, but that stops it from closing entirely properly but still closes enough that it isn't a problem.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #460
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
I have a Navitech cover. First - it doesn't look like the photos, either on their own site or on the Amazon one. If you look at message #82 on page 6 of this thread, (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=152798&page=6) capuchino71 has posted some pictures of their pink one, and that's almost identical to mine, except that mine seems to fit better at the bottom; the bit of the case underneath the buttons doesn't seem to swoop down so low. I presume that's because I bought mine a bit later so they'd fixed the sewing problem mentioned in that message.

Can't really add anything to what I said in my reply (#96 on page 7) , other than to update on how it's worn. Still not 100% sure it's leather, but it's held up well. After 5 months, there's no scuffing to speak of, even though it's been carried in a bag quite often. There are a couple of creases along the spine and the closing strap, and they look like leather creases - they flatten out if I press on them and there's no sign of any cracking or anything. The stitching, while not particularly attractive (really don't know why they didn't use black), has stayed in place without coming undone. The only thing that has happened is that a bit of the edging has come off - all the raw edges around the cut-out bits are finished with a sort of plastic piping, and that's come off right at the bottom around the cutout for the buttons. Not major - I glued back what was left, and used some black nail polish to fill in the little bit that had fallen off. I was concerned (see #219) about the fact that the corners had cut-outs, but there hasn't been any damage to the corners of the T1, so it seems that wasn't an issue, in fact.

For what I paid (£12 inc P&P), I think it's been a good-value case.

Just to mention - bibahbuzeman put a link to this one, which seemed to be very similar to the Navitech, but better quality for a similar price: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Case-S...841865&sr=1-63
Thank you for all the information!
But checking around the internet this morning I found that some BestBuy stores in Canada have the Sony PRST1 cover with light [in red only] for $29.99 until May 31. I couldn't get it online, but my hubby bought me the last one at a BB nearby. I LOVE the deep red it is, and is it sad that I'm so excited to have the cover and I don't even have the reader itself yet? LOL

Last edited by Blue2u; 05-25-2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: additional information
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #461
Pineapplerings
Pineapplerings began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
If anyone in the UK is looking for a bargain Sony cover for the T1 or earlier models, PC World,Currys and Dixons are selling the ACP 65 soft case in pink for £9.99. I have ordered one online with free delivery.
Pineapplerings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #462
marty1990
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
You might consider the Sony covers, if you want a non clasp type, but they are up around the cost of the Gecko cover and not as nice IMHO.
Yeah, I've looked at them, but I don't fancy the price. Especially since I got my eReader on a gift card, which in essence would mean I paid more for the case than I did for the eReader, lol.

I've seen other non-clasp cases, but the majority are for Kindle's, or even Kobo's, so am wondering if the majority of 6inch cases would fit the PRS-T1?

Last edited by marty1990; 05-27-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #463
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
It would depend on whether the reader is held in with elastics/corner straps or with a "fitted" surround with cutouts. Some hold the reader with rigid plastic tabs which may not be in the right place to securely hold the T1...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:43 AM   #464
marty1990
Enthusiast

Lol, so in my mind, I've pretty much tailored the perfect case that I want. It probably doesn't even exist, ha. Anyway, it's one that covers the bevel, and has either a snap clasp, or a band to close the case. I've seen the Tuff Luv hemp one in brown, which is pretty much what I want... but I'd prefer it in black, but the black one uses elastic straps to hold the eReader in place, so it doesn't cover the bevel.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #465
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Seems to be a fair number of them on ebay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Custom...#ht_8200wt_758
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Reader-...0#ht_560wt_704
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote