Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #1231
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
New Flash Fiction on my Mansions of the Mind blog

"Mess Duty" - http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.co...mess-duty.html
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #1232
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Liked the story, Kenny. I always like the way you set up contrasts to create an impact. This one is entirely unsubtle way before the end, but in flash fiction there's not a lot of space for subtlety.

There were a couple of corrections I thought:

Quote:
Hell this is nineteen fuckin’ sixty-nine you’d think they’d freeze dry all this shit.
I thought you might want punctuation between the two clauses.

Quote:
I couldn’t’ tell
The extra apostrophe?

I don't have any issue with the simplistic language as it fits the narrator perfectly. I could do with a couple less swear words as it might have gone a little overboard, but again, it fits.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:08 AM   #1233
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
It's a self-pub and was released in January of this year. He publishes under I & I Press, but I think this might be a branding thing.
Ohhh okay got ya.

Here's a review for a thriller that grabs you by the neck and just won't let go until you're blue in the face and gasping for air!

Little Girl Gone by Tucker Mayer:

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/littl...-tucker-mayer/
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:33 AM   #1234
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Liked the story, Kenny. I always like the way you set up contrasts to create an impact. This one is entirely unsubtle way before the end, but in flash fiction there's not a lot of space for subtlety.

There were a couple of corrections I thought:

I thought you might want punctuation between the two clauses.

The extra apostrophe?

I don't have any issue with the simplistic language as it fits the narrator perfectly. I could do with a couple less swear words as it might have gone a little overboard, but again, it fits.

Thanks Caleb!
Old 07-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #1235
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay....I really just kind of ripped this apart...I feel a little bad. Maybe not as bad as having to sit through this though

Bitches be crazy!! And really, so is this book. Our review of Platinum Blackmail by Jay Atleson

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/plati...l-jay-atleson/
Old 07-10-2013, 02:21 AM   #1236
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh dear. I don't think I'll be reading that one. The character of Mark Sterling was enough to really turn me off without even considering the rest.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #1237
jhempel24
Wizard

Yeah....probably a very VERY good idea.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #1238
jhempel24
Wizard

Don't let the fact that this is a first time author derail you from this top notch thriller! We check out Tomorrow City by Kirk Kjeldsen!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/tomor...kirk-kjeldsen/
Old 07-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #1239
PamelaMary
Guru
PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PamelaMary ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For those who like audio-books, Audible gave me 5 free copies of The Necromancer.

This is an audio-book for listening on iPad, iPod, Tablets, Kindles, etc.

You can get The Necromancer free. I'm doing a raffle on my website. Just add your name and in a few days I'll have the winners.

http://anauthorsplace.weebly.com/giv...udiobooks.html

Thanks for looking,
Pam
PamelaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #1240
jhempel24
Wizard

Due to high number of requests, we are shutting down requests for the time being. When we start accepting again we will be offering other services as well! Details here!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/for-authors/
Old 07-17-2013, 04:31 AM   #1241
jhempel24
Wizard

Our review of the long awaited novel Snow White Sorrow by Cameron Jace was published early last month. Was the wait worth it?

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/the-g...-cameron-jace/
Old 07-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #1242
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Time for some dark epic fantasy with Game of Souls, the first in a trilogy by our own Terry C Simpson.

Have a read of the review here: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...rry-c-simpson/
Old 07-20-2013, 06:49 AM   #1243
kennyc

On this special day I invite you to read my recently written semi-fictional "Mess Duty" on my blog:

http://mansionsofthemind.blogspot.co...mess-duty.html

Enjoy

Last edited by kennyc; 07-20-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #1244
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Another review. This time it's for The Long and The Short Swords by Gary Ballard. This is the fourth and last book of the Bridge Chronicles and it's been a fun ride.

Check out the review here: http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/0...-gary-ballard/
Old 07-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #1245
HaemishM
Author
HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!HaemishM rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Motorola Xoom
Thanks for the review, Caleb! I'm glad you liked it even if you didn't like the backstory to the Logan character.

Just an FYI, the Bridge character will return, he just won't be the main focus of the second series set in that universe.
HaemishM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing