Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Device: kindle touch
Question your kindle is no longer a test kindle...

Hi guys ,

I'm having some trouble with extensions on K5 5.1.0

First ,

It seems I can't get some extensions due to some kindle of error that writes the message

"dear developer, your kindle is no longer a test kindle and is unable to test items previously signed by authorized developers.

if you want your device to be a test kindle again, please contact the developer.

thank you,
the kindle team"

There's some way to make this go right ?

Actually I just have usbnetwork , orientation and generate collections showing on Launcher. and even then generate collections dosent work nor have submenus . I just have submenu on orientation - witch works well .

otherwise , in extensions folder i have these and audio recorder folder , hiddenfeatures folder , chess folder and wafbrew folder .

used to work on 5.0.1...

second ,

Is just me or nobody can get collectionsync extension to work on k5 5.1.0 ?

I'd reaaally need this ... rs . there's too much papper to do one by one.

Well , i'm open to suggestions ,

thanks !!

im posting here because didn't find a compreensive answer on forum - maybe because of my bad english - thanks anyway
TulseLuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulseLuper View Post
Hi guys ,

I'm having some trouble with extensions on K5 5.1.0

First ,

It seems I can't get some extensions due to some kindle of error that writes the message

"dear developer, your kindle is no longer a test kindle and is unable to test items previously signed by authorized developers.

if you want your device to be a test kindle again, please contact the developer.
You are there.
Quote:
thank you,
the kindle team"

There's some way to make this go right ?

Actually I just have usbnetwork , orientation and generate collections showing on Launcher. and even then generate collections dosent work nor have submenus . I just have submenu on orientation - witch works well .

otherwise , in extensions folder i have these and audio recorder folder , hiddenfeatures folder , chess folder and wafbrew folder .

used to work on 5.0.1...

second ,

Is just me or nobody can get collectionsync extension to work on k5 5.1.0 ?

I'd reaaally need this ... rs . there's too much papper to do one by one.

Well , i'm open to suggestions ,

thanks !!

im posting here because didn't find a compreensive answer on forum - maybe because of my bad english - thanks anyway
Install the "combined developer keystore".
Look for thread of similar name, check its first post.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Hmm. Which country do you live in. Is the device registered. There is a similar thread from a chap in poland. Also another user reported this message on an unregistered kindle.

I don't know the solution, just that it has been mentioned for eastern european non-registered kindles before. That fit your description?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #4
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
This message usually appears if you unregister your Kindle, and if you previously had your Kindle registered AND had developer certificates installed.

In other words: if you had any developer certificate installed (possibly the developer certificates bundle), and you unregister your Kindle, you will get this notice (because when unregistering, all developer certificates are removed).

You can normally ignore it and simply re-install the certificates (if needed).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:15 AM   #5
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
This message usually appears if you unregister your Kindle, and if you previously had your Kindle registered AND had developer certificates installed.

In other words: if you had any developer certificate installed (possibly the developer certificates bundle), and you unregister your Kindle, you will get this notice (because when unregistering, all developer certificates are removed).

Excellent info.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #6
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Test kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post

Yes , Ixtab , Thanks.

I think it might be something like that. Seems I lost those certificates somehow because of some registering-unregistering issue , trying to get back my collections after update...

Well, unfortunately, I couldn't install the mentioned developersmerged keys, because of some inability of mine.

I'd followed the topic after answer and all methods seems to involve "launchpad" , that I can't install becauase of not finding necessary the .bin for K5 [ktouch]

What should I do to update these keys w the developersmerged?

Should any update.bin solve this ?

All seems to depend on the existence of a folder that i cant find on my /

It's cold or hot ? lol...

The developers.keystore I've found here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152294

Is that right ?

Answering the other question, I`m from Brasil.

Thanks everybody!
Old 07-21-2012, 05:29 AM   #7
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

partially solved

Thank you guys ,

Seems I got collections and everything to work now ... [ what a unslept night can't do huh ? lol...]

Solved or not , now the ereader is readable !

let's see for how long ...

last doubt - say if i'm bothering , but . now that i got all to work , including the draw tool , can someone say how to save a draw in draw tool? seems save is unclicable somehow here...

as I sad , i'm on a k5 running 5.1.0 , registered .

tks. see ya.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:07 AM   #8
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
What should I do to update these keys w the developersmerged?

Should any update.bin solve this ?

All seems to depend on the existence of a folder that i cant find on my /

The developers.keystore I've found here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152294
There is a .bin for K5 here: http://ge.tt/3ZRY9XE/v/11 (This is slightly outdated, as it doesn't contain the latest certificate added in July).

Alternatively, JBPatch installs these keys automatically if/when they are required: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175512
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:37 PM   #9
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

Thumbs up

Thnks Ixtab, worked smooth now !!

No more issues with devkeys!

And as feedback , Jbpatch worked great too including the configuration UI !

Reaally apreciate your help ! Solved 99% of my problems with KT !

And , has anyone had some time using this DRAW TOOL ? i cant find a good topic ... I have 2 issues w it , 1 is i can't close it 2 is i can't save the draw nor make a screenshot in it ... .

Any Suggestions?

see ya !