Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 12:09 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Old Cybook / upgrade firmware to ePub

I have an old Cybook Gen3 which I haven't used since the time that there were threads on this forum wondering when the new firmware upgrades would arrive. I don't see a firmware version on the About screen, but the Cybook version number is s3c2440 (400MHz) and I'm pretty sure I had the last available firmware upgrade.

It still works, and I would like to know whether I can still upgrade the firmware so that I can read ePub books on it. Is this possible, and if so, how?

As a bonus would it be possible to change between ePub and mobi firmwares; if it is possible how would I do that?

I've been to the Bookeen website but can't find any information there. I've sent an email to Bookeen, but unless they've improved over the past little while I'm not holding my breath.

Regards, Alex (the possibly returning prodigal)

PS Will the ePub firmware upgrade give me folders?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:08 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
You can install firmwares 1.5 (mobi and pdf) and 2.0 (epub and pdf) without problems. You can install one or the other as often as you wish, and both will give you folders.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 05:53 AM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Bookeen's website is kinda broken right now.

Jellby posted the files for 1.5 and 2.0 there if you need them.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81511
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:39 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Many thanks to you both. I've downloaded both sets of firmware, and now I'm off to get a clean SD card.

Regards, Alex
Old 05-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
AlexBell
Wizard

Thanks again. I've been able to install the 2.0 firmware, and am playing with my new toy.

I have a couple of questions, but will put them into a new thread.

Regards, Alex
Advert
Old 05-20-2010, 08:01 AM   #6
Shevek72
Shevek72 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hi there!

It seems that even from the now updated site the files are not available. Would anyone who got them before it broke care to share them?

Thanks

Shev
Shevek72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
Newby
Enthusiast
Newby began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3 Gold
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83572

post No. 11
Newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:54 AM   #8
Shevek72
Shevek72 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby View Post
Thanks a lot !
Shevek72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:36 AM   #9
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Just as I say elsewhere, be careful with this update..
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote