Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
mdoc
mdoc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader Touch Edition
Trouble with Library Books

I mainly use my Sony 600 Touch Edition for reading library books. I've had problems in the past with getting a "Protected Page" message instead of a book when I had ePubs and pdf's on the Reader at the same time, but when I deleted them all and downloaded only one type, the problem was solved. Today I only put ePubs on, and I got the "Protected Page" message. I deleted everything and just put one book on. No go. Deleted again. Deleted ADE from my computer and reloaded it. Still didn't work. Reauthorized my computer on ADE. Didn't work. I can read the book using ADE on my computer, but I cannot read it on the Reader. I hate DRM. I'm waiting to hear back from Sony Support. Any ideas in the meantime?
mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
I was getting the "Protected Page" message when I first got my 600 - and it was when I was too eager to play with the reader and hadn't charged it much. I wanted to see what the books looked like on the reader, but with only a 1-2 bars of battery, it would not display the ePubs and give me the "Protected Page" message. After it was fully charged, I had no problems with it.

I am not sure if that is the reason why it is happening to you, but I found that was the reason for me. Maybe this will be helpful to you
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
mdoc

Thanks for the idea, Almas, but I'm fully charged - 4 bars. It's odd that not having a full battery would have that result. E-readers certainly have their quirks.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #4
Croptop
Zealot
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 5
Is it possible that the PRS-600 has the date set wrong and thinks that the epub loan period has expired?

(This is just a SWAG on my part; it's not based on any actual knowledge)
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
mdoc

Another good suggestion, but I just checked my settings and the date is correct.
Advert
Old 03-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
If you also have the Sony Library software on your computer try to load the library book into the Sony software then transfer it to your Reader.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #7
4nefertiti
Enthusiast
4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.4nefertiti has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS900 (daily edition), blackberry
I had the same issue. I downloaded the library books using Sony's software. Then transfered PDF's over to ADE. I then closed ADE, connected my reader and only loaded the epubs via sony's desktop library. checked to make sure they worked then opened ADE and loaded the PDF's. Everything works correctly. Seems like a long work around but it does work.
4nefertiti is offline   Reply With Quote