Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Finally an e-ink device designed for the bathroom. The Paper Scale!

Finally an e-ink device designed for the bathroom. The Paper Scale!

http://www.yankodesign.com/index.php...9/paper-scale/

This was bound to happen but Duck Image Studio is the first (that we know of) to apply paper electronic technology to a scale. The ultra thin flexible scale combines a pressure sensing sheet that relays information to an e-paper display. It’s waterproof, easy to clean, and can be rolled up for storage.

In this particular example the technology is kept small in the form of a traditional scale but imagine a large bath mat or even floor tiles. Of course I’m not sure I’d want to know how much I weighed every time I stepped into the bathroom. This thing will only further solidify Americans are overweight and dammit I’m not ready to deal with my weight issues. Now excuse me while I eat my morning cinnamon bun.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Nifty! They should have integrated an e-book reader.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2008, 05:39 PM   #3
eBookNerd
Connoisseur
eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebookwise 1150, Kindle, Sony PRS 505
Wink

Scales are for fish!
eBookNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 07:09 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Maybe if one could read ebooks on the flip side of it ..... since some people like to read in the bathroom
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:02 AM   #5
Roberts324
Mad translator
Roberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enough

Device: eBookwise 1150 reader, Samsung E60 reader, SAMSUNG N150 netbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Maybe if one could read ebooks on the flip side of it ..... since some people like to read in the bathroom
The bath tub is one place where I don't allow myself to use the EBookwise 1150; for fear of dropping it into the water... I have to resort do DT...
Roberts324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2008, 06:05 AM   #6
Mike's Place
Pull up a chair
Mike's Place doesn't litterMike's Place doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Now I can finally have that two dimensional bathroom I've dreamed of since the third grade! Please, everyone, tessaract over (or should I say hypo-tessaract under? hmmm...) and we'll all have a little projective 'suarae' in my sub-dimensional commode. No need to jiggle the handle; it lacks the degrees of freedom. If we like that, we can get really silly and have a line dance!

Maybe I'm missing the point, doesn't a really thin scale just make us all feel fatter?

Mike

BTW - all kidding aside, I want one (badly... I'm jones'in man) Is it really for sale? I went to Yanko design but couldn't find it in their shop.
Mike's Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:40 AM   #7
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I originally posted this item to a thread about bathroom etiquette. RCR made the following comment which I thought was very funny and did not want it to be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post
But my weight is in PDF format (Plump, Doughy and Fat). Will it display that correctly? And would I want it to?
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:15 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I thought it was worthy of being on the front page. So copied it so it could be.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:06 AM   #9
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
That's pretty slick! I take it this qualifies as the first e-ink device that's intended to be stepped on?
spooky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That's a good point, spooky69 -- a milestone we completely missed!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote