Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #151
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
You did it Baby !!! It opens on my PW !! Now I have to see if it works.

Now I need to learn how to use it and foremost not to ask stupid questions, but at this stage many thanks and chapeau bas as we french say, to achieve this without actually having the device in your hands, I am in awe...

Last edited by aceflor; 10-09-2012 at 10:22 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #152
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
You did it Baby !!! It opens on my PW !! Now I have to see if it works.

Now I need to learn how to use it and foremost not to ask stupid questions, but at this stage many thanks and chapeau bas as we french say, to achieve this without actually having the device in your hands, I am in awe...
Merci beaucoup pour faire le testeur! :-)

Stp, essaye d'utiliser toutes les fonctions que tu peux, et laisse-moi savoir au cas où quelque chose ne fonctionnerait pas - ben... en fait, même si tout fonctionne comme il faut. Comme j'ai dit avant, j'ai pas vraiment un moyen de l'essayer moi-même. Merci encore!

@everybody who didn't understand this: there's Google Translate for you
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #153
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Je pick mes kids du school bus up, et je teste a fond des que je rentre . But keep in mind please that I never had a Touch so things that are obvious for most of you might not be for me. On a positive side, I have hacked all my android devices so I am not utterly helpless.
Plus I am French
Old 10-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #154
aceflor
Wizard

So I tested it on the device itself. It creates new Collections without problem, it recognizes the existing ones, you can move books in and out of both sort of Collections. It is really nifty.
The only problem is that it then always comes back to the beginning of the list, I have 700 or so books and need each time to travel to the end where for an obscure reason my collections are listed. Any way to simplify this ? Maybe I am doing something wrong or not thinking right.
EDITED : I was not using the filter panel... ! Now I will use it.

Now I will test it with the Calibre plugin and report later.

Last edited by aceflor; 10-09-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #155
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So I tested it on the device itself.
Great, thanks for trying it!
Quote:
It creates new Collections without problem, it recognizes the existing ones, you can move books in and out of both sort of Collections. It is really nifty.
The only problem is that it then always comes back to the beginning of the list, I have 700 or so books and need each time to travel to the end where for an obscure reason my collections are listed. Any way to simplify this ? Maybe I am doing something wrong or not thinking right.
Hmm... the panes should be sorted alphabetically - aren't they?
And on a second note, it should be possible to restrict the lower panel to show only collections etc. (using the menu entries) so that it gets easier to sort or move things around.

BTW, if you could provide some screenshots of how it looks on the PW, that would also be very much appreciated.

Quote:
Now I will test it with the Calibre plugin and report later.
Yes, please do so - thank you!

PS: Sorry if I may be flooding you with requests... I'm just interested in how it works / looks like on the PW, and at this time, you're the only person who can provide that information
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #156
aceflor
Wizard

Anytime, glad to help. I still have those demanding kids though, so the information will be coming bit by bit, sorry for that.

I will try that with the lower panel because until now it all worked well for me but was a tad tedious. I will also make screenshots for you to see. Don't laugh at my books though
Old 10-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #157
ixtab
(offline)

Cool Easter egg... revealed :-)

So, one last question to the PW testers: does the easter egg also work correctly on the PW?

Hehe... yeah, so now I'm revealing the easter egg, I know. But many of the future downloaders won't read this post anyway

To trigger the easter egg, just try to hide the Collections Manager from Home.
  • The actual easter egg is that Collections Manager will refuse to hide itself - instead, it will show a nice image of Mario (also see the "Totally Off-Topic" part of the first post to understand why you just have to love this puppet). To trigger the easter egg, just select (only) the Collections Manager, and press the "toggle visibility" button.
  • There is actually a serious background to this: if you hide the Collections Manager from the home screen, you will normally not be able to access it anymore. This is why it refuses to hide itself.
  • The workaround - if you really, really want to hide it from Home - is to put the Collections Manager inside a collection.

So... does the easter egg display correctly on the PW?
Old 10-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #158
aceflor
Wizard

Yes, Mario is here !

here also a screenshot of the Collections Manager on the PW.

You will also be glad to know that the Calibre Collections Plugin now works perfectly well (as far as I can tell) with the importing function

Do you want other screenshots ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mario.png
Views:	517
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	93774   Click image for larger version

Name:	collec Manager.png
Views:	510
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	93775  

Last edited by aceflor; 10-09-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #159
aceflor
Wizard

The first pic is how to get to see Mario's sweet face. the second is the menu, with only the export to calibre missing but it is at the end of the choices if you scroll down
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Collec2.png
Views:	487
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	93776   Click image for larger version

Name:	Collec menu.png
Views:	508
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	93777  
Old 10-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #160
setite
Enthusiast
setite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Timing on this is perfect, I just got my replacement KPW. I did the regular JB, and am doing the Kindlet JB as I type. Will report in a few minutes if I am successful.

EDIT: The "combined-dev-certs-20121002.zip" update failed. I loaded the install bin from it, and got UPDATE ERROR: 3.

EDIT2: Despite that error I think its working. I am in your collections manager now

EDIT3: Importing calibre collections ended up with alot of empty collections.

Last edited by setite; 10-09-2012 at 04:21 PM.
setite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #161
ixtab
(offline)

Version 2.0.0

Great news!

Version 2.0.0 now supports the Kindle Touch and the Kindle Paperwhite.

Note that the naming of the files (and of the localization files) has been slightly adjusted, so make sure that you read the upgrade notes in the first post.

Thanks to everyone who helped to make this version possible!

Last edited by ixtab; 10-09-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #162
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
full marks mate. nice job
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #163
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Awesome! I'll try to get my butt in gear to finish some (more) tweaks I've been playing with on the Calibre Plugin side to make my typical workflow faster... :}.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #164
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by setite View Post
EDIT: The "combined-dev-certs-20121002.zip" update failed. I loaded the install bin from it, and got UPDATE ERROR: 3.
Choose update your kindle. not restart your kindle?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #165
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by setite View Post
The first post where you download it says "Copying this developer.keystore to your /var/local/java/keystore/ and restarting the Kindle will allow using any of these developer's Kindlet". That is how I installed it.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks