Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #16
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I am not certain that someone in Australia can access the Philadelphia Library
They can indeed. And the library is very accomodating about helping them sign up.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=philadelphia

It is perhaps the best $15 I've ever spent. I also joined the Fairfax library for $27, although they don't have as good a selection as Philly does.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #17
Luke King
Member Retired
Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I'm not so sure about a Sony or a Kobo, but I know when I bought my Kindle 2 I had to make sure I was buying the "right" international version. The kindle you buy for Australia isn't able to browse any site other than the kindle store and it comes with a lead that recharges from a USB slot. You can buy an additional recharger for a wall socket, but it's not really necessary.
Luke King is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 10:37 PM   #18
ypocaramel
Connoisseur
ypocaramel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-700, Barnes and Noble NOOKcolor)
Wouldn't be surprised if it worked inside China, they're not so concerned with censoring English sites unless it's obvious and well-known (CNN.com, South China Morning Post, FB etc...). If you read English there's probably a lot of ways to get news, a lot of foreign firms have VPNs that let you do anything from reading NYTimes to watching Hulu... what's important is controlling the national dialog, what's on the average person's mind, workarounds don't worry them too much unless they threaten to become big or popular.

Kudos to Free Library Of Philadelphia though, good commercial sense + spreading the love at the same time.
ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote