Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #3991
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Are the missing 'line-height' labels a temporary bug? I'm not too bothered as I'll just keep hitting buttons until each font looks 'right'.
Yes, I just stopped working on this the moment it reached a - for me - working state.
I see two possibilities:
  1. use Analogus approach and lable the buttons A to D
  2. find a way (and time and drive) to use the values as captions
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #3992
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Yes, I just stopped working on this the moment it reached a - for me - working state.
I see two possibilities:
  1. use Analogus approach and lable the buttons A to D
  2. find a way (and time and drive) to use the values as captions
Well, yes, obviously option 2 would be nice, but it's OK, you're allowed to have a real life outside of PRSPlus

I did also notice a couple more things:
  • although userCSSValues.js has 5 values for t_margin (default + 4 options), the pop-up menu only shows default + 3 options, i.e. the 4th choice isn't accessible.
  • If I wanted to customise padding (actually I'm not sure I need to use this one at all) I'm not sure how to do it. Is the padding line missing from the sample userCSSValues.js.x50?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #3993
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

jackie_w,

thanks again for your input.
Will check for t_margin,

For Padding, I'm with you. I (and also Analogus, from whom I copied the code) aren't sure if this is necessary / used in any epub.

For now it will use the same values as specified for margin, and it will most probably not work at all, because like margin - the @page selector must be used in a separate line.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:31 AM   #3994
Gronk
Zealot
Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, PW2, Sony PRS 950, 350
I have been using PRS+ on my 350 for several months and recently bought a backup 350 and installed PRS+ on it. Then I installed the ZORK edition on the backup 350, tried it for a few minutes, liked it and installed ZORK on the other 350. Now I find out that I get an endless boot cycle upon turning them on. If I plug them up to the PC with a USB cable they will boot normally but of course I lose the PRS+.

The only way I have found to make them boot normally away from the PC is to uninstall the PRS+ and uninstall the ZORK edition. Now if I reinstall PRS+ it goes right back to the endless reboot cycle.

I sure would like to get my PRS+ back. I have searched fruitlessly for answers. Any suggestions?
Gronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #3995
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Gronk

Blind stab in the blue: Have you used ZORK to modify the system-font?
Then there might be a faulty prsp.sh file in /database/system/PRSPlus/
Remove it and try to restart the reader (not connected to USB and with PRS+ installed)

You can also try and download a special prsp.sh and place it into /database/system/PRSPlus/
again restart with reader not connected to USB.
In theory this startup-script should delete all PRS+ settings.
If successful don't forget to delete/rename this file afterwards.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #3996
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Gronk, that same thing happened to me when I tried the Zork edition on my 350. At first it was ok, then I poked around settings and changed the base font from the standard Sony and that put the reader in a nonstop reboot loop. Like you, I've been using PRS+ for close to 2 years without any problems and wanted to check out Zork.

The fix was easy enough though, I downloaded the uninstaller that's linked on the Zork site, made sure the reader booted up ok afterwards and nothing was left on it and everything worked ok. Then just reinstalled PRS+ and I was back in business. I did not try Zork again, since I already had done extensive testing with fonts and sizes before, I have one I'm so comfortable with that there really was no big advantage for me to use Zork.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #3997
Gronk
Zealot
Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gronk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, PW2, Sony PRS 950, 350
Mark Nord, I did not modify any fonts. I merely tried to change the font by selecting a different one from the menu. A message came up saying the font change required a restart and that's when I got the reboot loop.

However I have now tried your suggestion of deleting that prsp.sh file and everything seems to be back to normal.

Ripplinger, I had already tried what worked for you but it was not successful for me.

Thanks so much to both of you for your responses.
Gronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #3998
imageraw
Connoisseur
imageraw began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
quick question: just recently, every time I disconnect the Sony prs-650 from my PC (Linux Ubuntu), PRS+ (Zork) gets temporarily disactivated - that is, I have to power down the reader and re-start it to get it back. Any idea?
imageraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #3999
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
Hi all

Sorry for beeing absent quite a time...

imageraw:
If you connect your reader to the PC when the reader is OFF, that behaviour is intention from the developers.
If your reader is ON when connecting this behaviour is a glitch.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #4000
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
sorry, I can't face browsing 100 pages & search is not helping - but my question is this.

My prs650 accidentally went to totally flat battery, must have been a spec of dust on scren overnight preventing auto shutdown. Anyway, I have recharged it, but it has reverted to normal sony software. my prs+ install seems to have vanished. is that normal behaviour ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #4001
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
but it has reverted to normal sony software. my prs+ install seems to have vanished. is that normal behaviour ?
If you turn on or restart your PRS-650 while it is connected to your USB port then it starts in safemode and all you get is the normal PRS software. Restart your device (not connected to your computer) and you'll be fine.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #4002
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
If you turn on or restart your PRS-650 while it is connected to your USB port then it starts in safemode and all you get is the normal PRS software. Restart your device (not connected to your computer) and you'll be fine.
yes, I'd read that but I did not deliberately do that.

I'd picked it up & turned it on today but it immediately told me that it had to shut down due to lack of battery, so I plugged it into PC to recharge it, like I usually do, and ejected it a while later via calibre, again as I usually do. maybe it did an auto restart while still connected as soon as it had enough jiuce ?

anyway I have reinstalled PRS+ & all seems ok.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #4003
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
yes, I'd read that but I did not deliberately do that.

I'd picked it up & turned it on today but it immediately told me that it had to shut down due to lack of battery, so I plugged it into PC to recharge it, like I usually do, and ejected it a while later via calibre, again as I usually do. maybe it did an auto restart while still connected as soon as it had enough jiuce ?

anyway I have reinstalled PRS+ & all seems ok.
But you did do that. You charge from your computer. The 650 went into safe mode because of that. Get an AC adapter so it won't happen again.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:11 AM   #4004
cybmole
Wizard

I always charge from PC , but that has never triggered safe mode before ( or after). if must be triggered only by the combination of charge from PC + totally flat.

usually , I just allow a brief top-up charge from PC at same time as adding books, and that does not mess up PRS+
Old 01-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #4005
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Is there one file I can copy from one reader to another that contains all of the PRS+ settings so I don't have to manually go through all the options again? Readers are identical, PRS-350s, with same firmware and PRS+ version.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote