Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
Gocho
Gocho began at the beginning.

Device: none
Importing metadata and Covers from Amazon & Librarything

I installed Calibre 0.6.29 and download the sourcecode with bazaar.

I can see that there are two plugins for Amazon & Librarything named amazon.py and library_thing.py in calibre/src/calibre/ebooks/metadata, but I don't know how can I use them.

When I search metadata and covers calibre says me that it would search in googlebooks and isbndb (with my key) but don't say anything about amazon or librarything.

How can I activate them?
Gocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
They are automatically activated. google books and isbndb are used to identify the book. Once the book is identified covers/ratings/tags etc are downloaded from amazon and librarything
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
Gocho

I understand that calibre identify the book with the ISBN and then use it to download data from Amazon and Librarything, right?
Old 12-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes .
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 06:11 AM   #5
Gocho

Thanks
Advert