Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
Cheapest Ebook Site for Astak Ez Reader ?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I am looking for the cheapest site to purchase ebooks for the Astak e-reader.

The sites they suggested, I think some of their prices are high compared to barnes and noble and amazon.

Like I saw The Lost Symbol was 25 dollars and not 10 dollars like other sites were offering.

I know I could use software to rip out the DRM, but I just do not feel like going through all that. I am looking for a site that has a good selection, and cheap, even free, ebooks.

Thank you for your input.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Try sites like http://inkmesh.com/

They will search for the cheapest price.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Thanks for that site.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The price difference is striking: Inkmesh: The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. Note that the Sony Store is supposed to be switching over from LRX to ePub this month.

Another possibility is LibraryBin, which discounts 20% of list price and donates to lending libraries. This isn't usually a good deal on bestsellers, but can be on mid-list titles.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:04 PM   #5
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Links to free eBook websites

Dear All:

You can find links to FREE eBooks on the website: www.theEZreader.com, under "support". Unlike a lot of others that charge money for "FREE" eBooks, we are happy to help you build your library.

Books On Board is a good site also. Their eBooks are not priced real cheap... but they give rewards dollars when you buy.

Keep looking to this designated forum regarding where to buy eBooks. There just might be some MAJOR news right after CES (January 11, 2010). That is all I will say!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
rock
Addict

Thanks guys.

Yeah books on board is the one I keep looking at, and all the books I want are not that cheap lol.

I am thinking of getting World War Z on Board on Books, but not sure what format to get.

I am thinking Mobi Pocket would be the best. Should I get that?

Actually Board on Books is DRM, so I guess I get the Adobe one

Last edited by rock; 12-04-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:56 AM   #7
MarioG
MarioG began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Try Shortcovers.com. I got the newest books from Sandra Brown and James Patterson for $9.99. Older books are in the $6-$7 range
MarioG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I tried that site and the search wouldn't work and clicking links lead me to errors, maybe they are having site issues. However I can scroll through lists, but not search...

Last edited by omro; 12-07-2009 at 10:32 AM.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #9
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A book I want to read again and may buy:
Magic Kingdom For Sale-Sold!
by Terry Brooks

Shortcovers.com:

Has a little Canadian flag on the page, so am assuming Canadian Dollars
List price: $10.99 Our price: $10.49 You save: 5% ($0.50)
($10.42USD and $9.94USD respectively according to xe.com)

eBooks.com:

ePub for Digital Editions Price: $7.99

Booksonboard.com:

(List) $7.99 - (Savings) $0.44 = (Price) $7.55
Rewards Dollars Earned: $0.12 through Jan 1st, 2010
Get this title for Net Cost: $7.43
Old 12-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #10
MarioG
MarioG began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Omro - Here from the U.S., Magic Kingdom for Sale comes up for $7.59 U.S. Not sure why there large gap between Canadian and U.S. pricing. Shortcovers is Canadian based, so perhaps there is some hidden tax?

You might also try your local library system to see what online capabilities they have. Coincidentally, I am currently re-reading the Sword of Shannara, also by Terry Brooks which I downloaded from the NY Public Library. Good stuff...
MarioG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #11
omro
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioG View Post
Omro - Here from the U.S., Magic Kingdom for Sale comes up for $7.59 U.S. Not sure why there large gap between Canadian and U.S. pricing. Shortcovers is Canadian based, so perhaps there is some hidden tax?

You might also try your local library system to see what online capabilities they have. Coincidentally, I am currently re-reading the Sword of Shannara, also by Terry Brooks which I downloaded from the NY Public Library. Good stuff...
I think Canadian prices are from when the CAN$ was weaker and haven't adjusted. I've no issues paying for eBooks in US$ vers CAN$, as the money ultimately goes back to the writer somehow!!

My local library does have some eBooks, but nothing by Brooks :-( He has written some good stuff, though I thought the early Shannara books were a little weak, after having previously read the early Eddings books. The Magical Kingdom books have a different feel and a more original idea, which I found entertaining :-)

Last edited by omro; 12-07-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #12
rock
Addict

Terry Brooks, I have some paperbacks by him from when I was a kid, although only 25 now but still.

I may think about looking into that after World War Z.

I got a headache trying to read the Lost Symbol. Thank god I got that free from a friend. He goes from third person to first person in the same sentence. Makes my head hurt.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post
I got a headache trying to read the Lost Symbol. Thank god I got that free from a friend. He goes from third person to first person in the same sentence. Makes my head hurt.
You have the rest of the chapter to recover as he won't tell anything new anyway

(yes, I did completely finish the book, liked it, except for the fact that he is way too repetitive... It would have been better as a novella...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #14
rock
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
You have the rest of the chapter to recover as he won't tell anything new anyway

(yes, I did completely finish the book, liked it, except for the fact that he is way too repetitive... It would have been better as a novella...)
I got up to chapter 11.

He is so predictable. I can already tell you who the bad guy is probably, and the switching of writing techniques hurts lol.

Like you can't go from a third person perspective to the first person like that, it sounds like the Author is saying it.

I liked Angels and Demons, and I thought he tried WAY too hard with Da Vinci Code, and this one he seems he is trying too hard from the beginning.

I will try to finish it, because I heard the story is not that bad, it is just getting there that hurts lol.

Also just saw your sig witha War of The Worlds tour! I hope it is coming to Philly. But saw it is not even coming to the states. Makes me sad lol.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #15
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post
Thanks guys.

Yeah books on board is the one I keep looking at, and all the books I want are not that cheap lol.

I am thinking of getting World War Z on Board on Books, but not sure what format to get.

I am thinking Mobi Pocket would be the best. Should I get that?

Actually Board on Books is DRM, so I guess I get the Adobe one
The Pocket Pro cannot render DRM encrypted MobiPocket books. Probably the best choice is ePub. Secure (DRM encrypted) ePub books render well on the Pocket Pro and on several other readers as well. In other words, you can read the same secure ePub book on today's Pocket Pro and on a Sony device or on a 2012 version of the Pocket Pro, etc., so ePub gives you some protection against losing your library.

You'll need to download Adobe Digital Editions and authorize DE, your PC, and your Pocket Pro, but that's a one-time chore. When you buy ePub books they download an .ACSM file to your PC. To get the actual book you double click the ????.ACSM file and, if you have authorized your copy of Adobe DE, the book will download and unencrypt into the Adobe DE library on the PC. Do a search on the PC for *.epub and it will locate the book you just bought. Copy that to the SD card. If you've already authorized your Pocket Pro just put the SD in your PPro and turn it on.

It sounds a lot more complicated than it is.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote