Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
tnronin
Zealot
tnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
H-X8 TFT E-Book at dragonext?

Is this a good deal? http://www.dragonext.com/new-h-x8-tft-e-book.html

I'm tempted, I also saw that Staples has the sony 300 for $116 now. I want an android!
tnronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
Well, there isn't a whole lot of info available on it. But what is said about it looks pretty good (for the price). It has a pretty good selection of formats (it probably doesn't have DRM support), doesn't say if it has WiFi, doesn't mention battery life, and the 480 x 480 resolution is on the low side. It does mention a browser, and 7" is larger than most. The $48.18 price tag could be really good or it could indicate the quality of the device. If you decide to get it, let us know how it works!
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I am willing to bet the resolution is a tad better than 480x480...look at the panel in the images...it's not square.

I would also check out the seller for any info on http://www.resellerratings.com

But for $49 with a leather cover that's seems too good to be true, but worth a shot if you have an extra $50+shipping to blow...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
yeah not the best set of reviews, though only a few to date:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store...T_Zero_Limited
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #5
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Ahhh, so tempting, even if it sucks
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #6
tnronin
Zealot
tnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't littertnronin doesn't litter

Device: PRS-300
If I wasn't saving for a new chest rig for my shooting setup I'd get one. But alas, I have priorities.
tnronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #7
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
I am willing to bet the resolution is a tad better than 480x480...look at the panel in the images...it's not square.

But for $49 with a leather cover that's seems too good to be true, but worth a shot if you have an extra $50+shipping to blow...
Well, dragonext claims 480x480. But yeah, if I had 50 bucks I didn't need (), I'd be willing to give it a try.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:04 AM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
It might be 800x480, which is the average resolution for these kind of devices...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #9
jee
Enthusiast
jee began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
Now it's $120 and out of stock. Has anyone seen this reader, seems interesting

http://www.dragonext.com/cellphone/p...x6-e-book.html

Quote:
Color: Black
Dimension: 180X120x10.5(mm)
CPU: Dual Core 400MHz
Storage:
Internal Memory: 2GB
Support Extend Card: 16GB (Memory card isn't included)
Screen:
Display Engine: Epson S1D13521
Resolution: 800(H) x 600(V)
Gray Scale: 16-Level Gray Scale
Support Format:
Text Supported: TXT/EPUB/FB2/PDF/DOC/XLS/PPT/CHM/HTML/DJVU/RAR/ZIP
Image Supported: JPG/BMP/JIF/PNG
Audio: MP3/WMA/AAC/OGG/APE/FLAC Language: supports 16 languages include English,Spanish,Russian and so on
Supports Wireless 802.11b/g--WiFi
Power Supply: etachable standard Nokia BP-4L 1000mAH Li-ion Battery for 5000pages (Maximum 1500mAH)
Supports gravity sensor, Vertical Mode and Horizontal Mode
jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:20 PM   #10
Clint
Clint began at the beginning.

Device: H-X8 TFT e-Book
H-X8 TFT e-Book

I purchased on of these form Dragonex and it arrived today. It has a beautiful picture on it and the video is smooth and very clear. However, I can't figure out how to get data into it from my computer. You would think that it would come up as a USB thumb drive when connected and you would use it as you normally would any other thumb drive. The system does detect it, but the drives are not accessible!

The manual is very difficult to understand (if it even is possible to understand it), and does not discuss how to get data into the e-Book. A lot is left to the imagination, believe me.

However, once I get it figured out, it'll be pretty handy for what I need it for. If I can't get data into it, then it's just a piece of hardware that'll sit on my bench until I chuck it out.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:39 PM   #11
Clint
Clint began at the beginning.

Device: H-X8 TFT e-Book
One other thing, although it says that it supports FM radio in the advertisements, I can't see where the radio is.

I did manage to get a peek at the data by using a different computer. Although my laptop, which I was originally using is running XP as well as the machine that works with it, the laptop has a USB1.0 port, and the other has USB 2.0. This is the first USB device that I have found that ISN'T backward compatible. Further investigation on a few sites does show that the H-X8 TFT e-Book is USB 2.0 (and doesn't mention USB 1.0) so I guess that USB 1.0 support is now on the way out.
Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:25 AM   #12
Papi
Addict
Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Papi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle NT, PRS-650
Just came upon this thread and realized the first device looks a LOT like the one I purchased recently here for 60€, and it's now priced 80$ :
http://www.myefox.com/7-inch-efoxboo...ceb700-p-81693

Not bad, and it's 800x480 indeed, already ran into some problems with some PDFs and ebooks though, but didn't test it thoroughly (I got a Sony PRS 650 for ebooks, this one was mainly for videos).
Papi is offline   Reply With Quote