Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
Readerati
Readerholic
Readerati began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro
Using the EZ Reader

Hello all,

I received my EZ Reader about a week ago. A great unit and a great buy! It has become my constant companion and enabled me to consider seriously reducing the cubic capacity of my physical book collection.

However, I just wonder if I'm using it correctly. No problem with the operation of it in general, but I wonder: should I be powering off after each reading session (after retiring to bed, for example) or should I just lock the keys (thereby blanking most of the screen)?

I know that e-ink doesn't burn-in, and I even considered leaving the current page up and returning to it hours later, but then I thought - ask the forum that I've been lurking on since I got the e-reader bug!
Readerati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
QIbHom
Connoisseur
QIbHom doesn't litterQIbHom doesn't litter

Device: Aztak EZReader Pocket Pro
Just lock the keyboard. Nearly no power is used except when the screen changes. Also, because there is no persistent battery, if you power off, you'll loose your date and time settings.
QIbHom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Hi Readerati, and welcome! I usually don't even lock the keyboard on mine. I haven't had any trouble with accidental page turns, as I usually just close the cover when I'm not reading.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
Readerati
Readerholic
Readerati began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro
Thanks all. Looks like I'll be able to get a couple of pages in at the bus stop then!
Readerati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Welcome to our happy little band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readerati View Post
Thanks all. Looks like I'll be able to get a couple of pages in at the bus stop then!
Dear Readerati:

I work for Astak and just want to welcome you, say "howdy", and thank you for being a part of our community.

I am like Davimee as I do not even lock the keyboard on mine. I just close the cover and leave it sitting on my desk for sometimes weeks. I do this on purpose as anybody can treat a device really well... but I want to see what happens when it is treated a bit regular. There are a lot of times when you may be reading and be distracted and I like to put my Pocket PRO though that scenario. So far, after about six months, it seems just fine with just closing the case.

Let's face it, when you are engrossed in reading buses can sneak up on you!

Thank you for being here and this is a friendly and talented group. We are all here to help each other!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert