Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
LIT to EPUB Text Justification

I have a number of .lit that I am converting to epub. The conversion is successful except the text isn't justified, it is left-aligned. I have used different input profiles and extra css to no avail. I'm currently trying to use Sigil to justify the text (been processing for the last hour - I think it might be hung). Does anyone have any tips/hints to help me justify the text?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:44 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Justification is not readily supported for ePub as of yet. With CSS it can be set without much trouble, but the readers will not support it yet.

I believe there is a whole discussion about what is better, justification or left alignment. Personally I would very much like justification support in readers soon. For Sony readers the technology is present, because Sony's own format can be justified. My feeling is that it should not be a big deal to implement, but apparently it is.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 04:19 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I believe there is a whole discussion about what is better, justification or left alignment. Personally I would very much like justification support in readers soon. For Sony readers the technology is present, because Sony's own format can be justified. My feeling is that it should not be a big deal to implement, but apparently it is.
Sorry, but that's crap. If I've the option for alignment, and I use it, I make the decision, not the software or a holy committee.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Justification is not readily supported for ePub as of yet. With CSS it can be set without much trouble, but the readers will not support it yet.
All the mobile ADE implementations except for the Sony Readers support justification (left or full, with full the default).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:17 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Sorry, but that's crap. If I've the option for alignment, and I use it, I make the decision, not the software or a holy committee.
I agree completely. It should be a personal decision. However, there are always some groups who start a kind of holy war to try to persuade other of their version of the truth.

Anyway, I always set it to full justification and I hope Sony will support the it in the (near?) future.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2009, 06:31 AM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
I agree completely. It should be a personal decision. However, there are always some groups who start a kind of holy war to try to persuade other of their version of the truth.
Well, I would like they showed me all the left-indented books which support their theory (paper books, of course)
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote