Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #1
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Help - What Am I Doing Wrong?

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but thought I'd ask folks far smarter than myself on all things eBook!

I just downloaded a free book from eReader.com. The format is PDB, which I thought was compatible with the Pocket Pro. I copied the file to the SD card, but when try to access it on my Pocket Pro it's not there.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but thought I'd ask folks far smarter than myself on all things eBook!

I just downloaded a free book from eReader.com. The format is PDB, which I thought was compatible with the Pocket Pro. I copied the file to the SD card, but when try to access it on my Pocket Pro it's not there.
The Pocket Pro and EZ-Reader support PDB format (as DOC), but not the Ereader PDB format (at least not yet).
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
More than likely even with it being a free ebook it is still DRMed. And if so the Ezreader can not open it yet. We are still waiting for Astek and barnes and noble to completed the contract that will give us the ereader upgrade that will let up read DRMed ereader books.

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ahhhh, yes! I do remember reading this on the forums. Bummer that it isn't supported yet. Patience is a virtue!

Old 09-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #5
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
ahhhh, yes! I do remember reading this on the forums. Bummer that it isn't supported yet. Patience is a virtue!

Try using Calibre to convert it - if it is non DRM it will work.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #6
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Excellent - thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try!
Old 09-22-2009, 04:13 PM   #7
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
It worked!!!! I converted it to FB2 using Calibre