Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #46
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Sounds like I need something like that. I've already got a USB wall wart which is what I tested my Reader with, but didn't work via the mini-usb, but should work with an adapter to the barrel/psp plug.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Sounds like I need something like that. I've already got a USB wall wart which is what I tested my Reader with, but didn't work via the mini-usb, but should work with an adapter to the barrel/psp plug.
I did try the wall wart with a USB cable and it did not charge my 505. This cable should work fine once I get it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #48
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I did try the wall wart with a USB cable and it did not charge my 505. This cable should work fine once I get it.
Same here.

BTW I picked up a second 505 on clearance at Target over the weekend. Woo-hoo!
Old 09-29-2009, 01:18 PM   #49
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
The cable I've recently purchased plugs into a USB connector (Wall wart) and has plugs for mini-USB, PSP (barrel plug), Nintendo, DS, and iPod. I'm going to use it with the wall wart we have to charge the DS, the iPod, and the Readers. The cable only cost $5.99 with no tax and no shipping frees. The only other cost is the wall wart. But as my wife aloready bought one, I'll not have to pay for it.

http://www.meritline.com/5-in-1-usb-...--p-28335.aspx

This is a good way to go if you will also charge an iPod. If you just want Reader/PSP charging and data, the PSP cable in post #14 of this thread will do the trick. Under $2, free shipping. Can't beat that. Order a spare or 2 and always be ready to charge!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:00 AM   #50
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
I think I have about a week to go to get the cable. Then I can use it to charge a bunch of things. Can I use it to charge multiple things at once or should I only do it one at a time?
I think it's safer to use it with one device at a time. Then again, I never tried
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2009, 01:46 PM   #51
becket
Enthusiast
becket began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
I have a Respect Recharge4 it has a charge unit which will charge my MP3 player two times before that needs to be recharged by the mains plug that comes with it, it compatible with PSP and some other gaming consoles and MP3 player and phones. So as it is compatible with PSP it should work with my 505? This will save me some money and cables when traveling Becky
becket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #52
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by becket View Post
I have a Respect Recharge4 it has a charge unit which will charge my MP3 player two times before that needs to be recharged by the mains plug that comes with it, it compatible with PSP and some other gaming consoles and MP3 player and phones. So as it is compatible with PSP it should work with my 505? This will save me some money and cables when traveling Becky

If it is the round/barrel psp connecter it should work fine!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #53
becket
Enthusiast
becket began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
If it is the round/barrel psp connecter it should work fine!
It comes with both the round barrel and I think a mini usb which I don't use with the MP3 player.
Becky
becket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:37 AM   #54
Stefx
Enthusiast
Stefx began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by becket View Post
If you have it, you can try and you'll see if it works?
Stefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #55
Gerbil
Gerbil began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, iPod Touch 2G, iPad
Waiting for my PRS 600 to come in the mail here and can't wait to charge it up. Can you plug the USB end of the 5-in-1 hydra adapter in the picture above to an Apple USB power adapter then use the round PSP plug to charge the Sony Reader? The output on the Apple power adapter is 5V 1.0A.
Gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #56
MSJim
Bookworm
MSJim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Nook STR
That'll work just fine as long as you use the round plug.

The current rating is the maximum the charger can put out - not what the device being charged actually requires. In use, the current flowing to the device will be higher when you start the charge, and then drop off as the battery approaches full charge. It might take a little longer with a 5.0 volt or 1 A charger, but it'll still charge.
MSJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #57
Gerbil
Gerbil began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, iPod Touch 2G, iPad
MSJim thanks for the response! It saves me a few bucks and space in my gadget box!
Gerbil is offline   Reply With Quote