Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
NetSlut
Connoisseur
NetSlut will become famous soon enoughNetSlut will become famous soon enoughNetSlut will become famous soon enoughNetSlut will become famous soon enoughNetSlut will become famous soon enoughNetSlut will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader
n00b Q

...why does the reader show an S in a circle on screen next to the battery bar when I read a book? Couldn't find any mention of it anywhere, and not knowing is now driving me batty...
NetSlut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
It means "small" (font size). If you press zoom button, it will go to M and then L (and back to S).
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #3
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
If you're really interested in finding it in the user guide, check page 39 (at least that's the page number in the version on my 505). I'm one of those freaks who reads a user guide cover-to-cover when I get a new geek toy.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #4
NetSlut
Connoisseur
NetSlut will become famous soon enoughNetSlut will become famous soon enoughNetSlut will become famous soon enoughNetSlut will become famous soon enoughNetSlut will become famous soon enoughNetSlut will become famous soon enough

Ahhh! Bless you both; my sanity, while not quite restored, can at least sleep again.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetSlut View Post
Ahhh! Bless you both; my sanity, while not quite restored, can at least sleep again.
"netslut's sanity" ?? oxymoron detector : blip blip blip.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2008, 06:21 AM   #6
NetSlut
Connoisseur

Argh! The zombie ducks! (and I'm not talking about an undead creature avoiding a high object!)
Old 09-13-2008, 09:00 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

what ??? there are zombie ducks ???? you don't mean daffy, right ? she's a duck, but she's not a zombie (i think...).
Old 09-13-2008, 10:37 AM   #8
NetSlut
Connoisseur

Daffy's a he! And he's not a zombie, fortunately, otherwise my dreams would be *really* weird!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Daffy's a he! And he's not a zombie, fortunately, otherwise my dreams would be *really* weird!
actually i'm pretty sure daffy's a she...

so you dream about daffy ! hm, interesting ! does she know that ?
Old 09-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #10
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I don't think NetSlut's been introduced to our daffy yet. We might have to arrange a meeting to clear up the confusion....unless all parties involved prefer to continue in this confused he/she state.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:07 PM   #11
NetSlut
Connoisseur

<gasp> Daffy is, like, a God amongst ducks!

By all means introduce us, so I can worship at the altar!

Is it wrong to be attracted to Daffy when he used to dress up as a woman?
(apologies to Garth)
Old 09-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
<gasp> Daffy is, like, a God amongst ducks!

By all means introduce us, so I can worship at the altar!

Is it wrong to be attracted to Daffy when he used to dress up as a woman?
(apologies to Garth)
Wow, scary one. Don't remember adding me to your victims list. Maybe you're not so scary after all.

And THIS daffy is a (though I look nothing like this... not even a little bit):
Attached Images

daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #13
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Argh! The zombie ducks! (and I'm not talking about an undead creature avoiding a high object!)
We have enough duck problems around here with out adding undead ducks to the mix!

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
We have enough duck problems around here with out adding undead ducks to the mix!

JJ
As long as I get enough brains (so far so good), none of you are in danger.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:00 PM   #15
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Wow, scary one. Don't remember adding me to your victims list. Maybe you're not so scary after all.

And THIS daffy is a (though I look nothing like this... not even a little bit):
There is a victim list? How do I sign up.. And I am sure you do not look like a bleached blonde duck, and besides you have better taste in furniture.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!