Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #23251
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
(he knows my father and I are Tour de France fans)
I'm sure this will be a great day!

For some years I've been dreaming of spending my holidays in the french mountains and watching the cyclists how they climb up Alpe d'Huez or the Pyrenees. Unfortunately my working schedule has prevented it until now. I hope someday the time when I'm allowed to go on vacation and the Tour-de-Francs stages in the mountains will fall together.

Last edited by Billi; 11-29-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:51 AM   #23252
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I'm sure this will be a great day!

For some years I've been dreaming of spending my holidays in the french mountains and watching the cyclists how they climb up Alpe d'Huez or the Pyrenees. Unfortunately my working schedule has prevented it until now. I hope someday the time when I'm allowed to go on vacation and the Tour-de-Francs stages in the mountains will fall together.
The TDF has decided not to race through the inner city of Utrecht, because it's dangerous due to the narrow streets and cobble stones. On the second day they will ride underneath/through the Dom tower but it will be in the "neutralized" part of the race, which is at the start (there is the actual start, when they start riding and the official start when they start racing, between that it's called a neutralized peleton). Which isn't bad, when they're really racing the riders will be by in a flash, when they're not racing they go a lot slower and you'll have a chance to see them better.

I expect it will be very busy that Sunday, especially around the Dom Tower. Unfortunately they often don't air the full stages on tv, often not until one or two hours into the stage, so I might just have to get up early to find a good spot.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #23253
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I guess Lance Armstrong won't be racing this year... People made such a fuss about him and his behavior. I think they lost track of what was really important. This man won seven major bike racing titles while doing drugs. When I did drugs, I couldn't even FIND my bike!

Stitchawl
+20!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:02 PM   #23254
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
I'm still blind in the left eye and it tires the right eye to read too long at a time. Bah! But, the surgery is next Tues on the 20th, and hopefully I'll be back to blissfully reading!
I still am blind in the left eye because the doctor chose to delay surgery without telling me what the consequences of that could be. Happily, I discovered audiobooks and ebooks that can let me fix text so that I CAN read too long!

Quote:
This man won seven major bike racing titles while doing drugs. When I did drugs, I couldn't even FIND my bike!
This was so funny.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #23255
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Ok.. I have a rant. I moved home to take care of parents (dad has since passed). My Mom complains that I read too much and don't watch enough Netflix. I PAY for the Netflix, ok?
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #23256
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Ok.. I have a rant. I moved home to take care of parents (dad has since passed). My Mom complains that I read too much and don't watch enough Netflix. I PAY for the Netflix, ok?
Uh....is the problem that you don't sit with her and watch it, or...? Not sure I understand the issue. Do you mean that she can't watch it when you don't, or is it the companionship that she is missing? (I find that I can read while the Hub watches almost anything within reason. Some movies, of course, you cannot do that with (too noisy/annoying), but mostly, I become engrossed and miss everything around me.

Can you buy earplugs (there are excellent ones, cheap for shooting that work fabulously), if it's a space-sharing issue?

Don't blame ya for the rant! That would get my goat, too.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #23257
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
It's funny; when I was young I was slow to learn how to read, finally starting when I was told that the comic I liked (Eagle) would be stopped if I did not read it myself.

Sure enough, I started reading, and then became a voracious reader.

A few years later, my parents got our first TV in an attempt to stop me reading as much!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #23258
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
I still am blind in the left eye because the doctor chose to delay surgery without telling me what the consequences of that could be. Happily, I discovered audiobooks and ebooks that can let me fix text so that I CAN read too long!
I hope it all works out well with the delay. Audio books are great; I listen to them when doing yard and house work.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #23259
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Sorry about your eye, Tarana. Aside from audio books, you might look into Old Time Radio (OTR) dramatizations. There are plenty at Archive.org, including comedies, crime, supernatural, and science fiction.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #23260
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm really really really not a fan of 15C below normal temperatures. At least Environment Canada has decided to put a windchill warning out for this evening as the windchill will drop to -40C tonight.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #23261
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Well, the good thing is that at -40 you don't have to specify whether it's C or F!

Always look on the bright side!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #23262
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Son of a *****! I just installed my longtime Flashcard app onto my new iPhone, only to discover that the developer has changed it from a one-time paid app to a subscription-based one, screwing over all us existing customers!

Last edited by Dylrob; 12-06-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #23263
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Well, the good thing is that at -40 you don't have to specify whether it's C or F!

Always look on the bright side!
Ah, but what if we're talking about Kelvins?
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #23264
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I don't think you can get to minus 40 Kelvin...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 02:58 AM   #23265
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Son of a *****! I just installed my longtime Flashcard app onto my new iPhone, only to discover that the developer has changed it from a one-time paid app to a subscription-based one, screwing over all us existing customers!
Seems to be a lot of that going around. You're the third person I've heard making similar complaints recently about bait and switch tactics; and all concerning different apps.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness