Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-20-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
Zorac
Zorac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Nook Glow Screen Help

Google and some searching on the forum hasnt found me what I am searching. I am helping out my brother. He had me root his brand new nook glow (via nookmanager 0.5.0), it worked great for about a month than the screen died. I have a feeling he may of wacked the screen too hard, not a result of the rooting. He keeps it in a case but can be hard on things. Current firmware is 1.2.1.

Is this a software issue or is the screen dead? I have attached a picture for reference.

thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2893.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	511.6 KB
ID:	119332  
Zorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:50 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Smashed screen. You can see the curved lines where the glass has fractured, about a quarter of the way down from the top.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Yes, broken screen, nothing you can do about it - time for a new one.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:07 PM   #4
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
Condolences I live in fear that will happen to my beloved Nook.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #5
Zorac
Zorac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
thanks everyone. it was nice while it worked!
Zorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert