Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
booklover
Enthusiast
booklover began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd ed.
How to tell your iliad manufacture date?

Does anyone know how to tell the iliad's manufacturing date ? I want to check mine out and make sure it's not a used one. thanks.
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:23 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover View Post
Does anyone know how to tell the iliad's manufacturing date ? I want to check mine out and make sure it's not a used one. thanks.
My one looks like a used one, because the printed labels of the buttons are nearly gone.

In general: unique serial number/MAC address of iLiad.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2008, 10:30 AM   #3
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
I guess this is to see in combination of your other post, asking of the screen quality. As has been answered, there is reported to be a slight variety in the production process. Has nothing to do of being "old" or "used".

(and since I guess iRex doesn't build the e-ink display themselves, it is not even within their power, but a "feature" all eInk based devices of all companies share with the current tech level.
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:48 AM   #4
booklover
Enthusiast
booklover began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad 2nd ed.
I just want to know the manufacture date of the device. I think Irex should give the information on my inquiry, no matter what's my intention. I don't think this should be some secret to hide from the customers. Or is it?
booklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:10 PM   #5
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover View Post
I just want to know the manufacture date of the device. I think Irex should give the information on my inquiry, no matter what's my intention. I don't think this should be some secret to hide from the customers. Or is it?
What do you want it for? And manufactured what? The screen, the CPU, the button, the plastic, or just the final assembly? And honestly what other electronic devices you have bought where you see the manufactury date?
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
And honestly what other electronic devices you have bought where you see the manufactury date?
How about most consumer electronics? My flat screen televisions, computers, DVD player, etc. all have serial numbers and month/year of manufacture. The date being the assembly date.

-Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote