Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #31
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I know I look at this as the replacement of the used book store I went to pre-kindle days
I hadn't thought of it that way, but that's not a bad comparison... that, or shopping the bargain bin at a brick & mortar store.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #32
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The five volume Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy is available at Kobo UK for £11.52, and the current coupon code BookRiot50 will take that down to £5.76 for the omnibus. Pretty good value! If I didn't have it already from the late lamented Fictionwise, I'd probably be getting it myself.
Advert
Old 10-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #33
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The five volume Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy is available at Kobo UK for £11.52, and the current coupon code BookRiot50 will take that down to £5.76 for the omnibus. Pretty good value! If I didn't have it already from the late lamented Fictionwise, I'd probably be getting it myself.
I just bought it to replace my boxed edition.

It's DRM-free as well, for people for whom that makes a difference.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #34
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
no duscussions please...
Old 10-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #35
kakapo
The Night Parrot
kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Palm Vx, Kindle Keyboard (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
NO!!!!!

we have reading recommendations and discussions elsewhere. I really like being able to quickly scan through new deals, freebies, etc. I don't want to be bogged down by this kind of discussion when I am time challenged. I can seek these conversations out on my own when I have the time
Sounds like you need the GreaseMonkey script I wrote for just this purpose! Works with Firefox, Chrome or Safari and adds the price at Amazon in red (free) or blue text. Perfect for scanning a thread, you can quickly see if a book is still on sale or not available in your area. Even tells you if you've already purchased a book!

You can install the script from http://userscripts.org/users/476972/scripts. Pick the version corresponding to the Amazon store you use (I must merge them all one day). Any questions or suggestions, ask at the script's thread here.
Advert
Old 10-07-2013, 02:29 AM   #36
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmonster View Post
no duscussions please...
Personally, the DRM status is highly relevant. Sure I could have done without knowing that this replaces a boxed set, but it's worth reading to see when I can support products unencumbered by DRM. Especially for books sold by Kobo, who seem to have a severe aversion to telling customers anything pertinent, like what format the book is in.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #37
itisbomb
Addict
itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 4
Year Zero: A Novel
by Rob Reid

is $0.99 at

Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Year-Zero-Nove...1145145&sr=8-2

Kobo http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/ebook/year-zero

Below is the blurb:
Low-level entertainment lawyer Nick Carter thinks it’s a prank, not an alien encounter, when a redheaded mullah and a curvaceous nun show up at his office. But Frampton and Carly are highly advanced (if bumbling) extraterrestrials. The entire cosmos, they tell him, has been hopelessly hooked on American pop songs ever since “Year Zero” (1977 to us), resulting in the biggest copyright violation since the Big Bang and bankrupting the whole universe. Nick has just been tapped to clean up this mess before things get ugly. Thankfully, this unlikely galaxy-hopping hero does know a thing or two about copyright law. Now, with Carly and Frampton as his guides, Nick has forty-eight hours to save humanity—while hoping to wow the hot girl who lives down the hall from him.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #38
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Elantris by Brandon Sanderson shows as $2.93 at Diesel for me. Not discounted at Amazon and Kobo.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #39
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I would like to remind members, especially new members, not to post self-published books in this thread. Thank you.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #40
arjaybe
Guru
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I would like to remind members, especially new members, not to post self-published books in this thread. Thank you.
Does that mean only books published by oneself (the poster,) or books self-published by any author?

rjb
Old 10-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #41
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The Freebies Forum is not a place for authors to self-promote.

We have one full forum dedicated for that free service. Any self-promotion outside of that forum is considered spam.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 10-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #42
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjaybe View Post
Does that mean only books published by oneself (the poster,) or books self-published by any author?

rjb
In the past in this thread it's meant both.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #43
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
The Freebies forum (and every thread in this forum) is a place for members to search for deals, freebies, and bargains. But no self-promotion is allowed.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 10-08-2013, 01:18 AM   #44
Amy_k
Zealot
Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Amy_k ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Nexus 7
While looking at the Elantris deal at Diesel, found the Mistborn trilogy on sale for $7.83

Diesel

This boxed set contains:
Mistborn
The Well of Ascension
The Hero of Ages
Old 10-08-2013, 02:11 AM   #45
odo
Connoisseur
odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
The Coyote Kings - Book One: Space-Age Bachelor Pad, by Minister Faust, free at Amazon until the 9th. The book was a finalist for the Philip K. Dick Award, the Locus Best First Novel Award and the Compton-Crook Award.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0056HH5HI/
Closed Thread