Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 04:36 AM   #31
QLPRST1
QLPRST1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
1. You'd better edit the .sh file in linux enviorment, or just use the root explore's editor.

2. Don't forget to give excute permissions.

3. Your fonts in /sdcard/altfonts should be same as those in /ebook/fonts.

And after reboot, is there a directory /data/altsd was created by the sh file?
Thanks a million for Your hints! The script was not run - no /data/altsd was created. I just made the .sh file in a text editor in windows. However using ultraedit and saving using the "unix line terminator" option did the trick. Thanks again for sharing Your insights for the community!
QLPRST1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:53 AM   #32
ousia
Enthusiast
ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ousia writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuyn2003 View Post
Here is another flexible way, I've tested it for several days and met no problems.
Credits to j0534ng31 and uboot
1.Create a file named install-recovery.sh in /system/etc, and put below code in it [...]
3.In /mnt/sdcard, create a folder wichi named altfonts, put your fonts in it [...]
Thanks for your post. It is exactly what I wanted to do, but I'm afraid I'm not able to.

Fedora mounts the PRS-T1 reader as:

Code:
/dev/sdb        1,5G  1,2M  1,5G   1% /media/READER
/dev/sdd         10M  2,3M  7,8M  23% /media/SETTING
The device isn't rooted. Is there no way (similar to the one described at PRST1_Firmware_Upgrade#Generic) to acomplish the system fonts replacement whitout rooting the device?

Many thanks for your help.
ousia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #33
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
"Run Terminal emullator on PRS T1 type"

You lost me right here. Do I need a rooted PRS T1 for this?
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 05:12 AM   #34
hhtien1408
Enthusiast
hhtien1408 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Dear sir,

Could you help me step by step to change system font of Sony PRS-T2 to display Vietnamese as described in this thread?
I am completely noob for Sony PRS-T2 and stuck at the first step.
"Run Terminal emullator on PRS T1 type"
Hope to hear from you asap. Thanks a lot!
hhtien1408 is offline   Reply With Quote