Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
pre-order kindle book?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experience with pre-ordering kindle books or if anyone knows once it's officially released, does the pre-order price really go up? if so, by how much roughly. I am interested in a kindle book that currently has a pre-order price tag of about $35 - I want to secure a better price, but dont feel very comfortable pre-ordering a book without reading any reader reviews first and would like to know how much the price will eventually bump up. Anyone knows? Thanks.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:24 AM   #2
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Wow, $35 for an ebook! Which one is it, if you don't mind me asking.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 12:31 AM   #3
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experience with pre-ordering kindle books or if anyone knows once it's officially released, does the pre-order price really go up? if so, by how much roughly. I am interested in a kindle book that currently has a pre-order price tag of about $35 - I want to secure a better price, but dont feel very comfortable pre-ordering a book without reading any reader reviews first and would like to know how much the price will eventually bump up. Anyone knows? Thanks.
Amazon will charge your default CC at the time the pre-ordered book is sent to you at the pre-order price. However, I've been refunded the difference if the price drops immediately after the book is released. It would be no more than $35 + tax (if applicable).
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:52 AM   #4
Sylver
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Wow, $35 for an ebook! Which one is it, if you don't mind me asking.
Are you interested in a five volume 1600's Chinese novel that has 200 plus pages of notes each volume and with a two thousand character cast list. I read it mainly to understand the original Chinese text. BTW, the $35 is for only one of the five volumes.

Last edited by Sylver; 06-09-2011 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:55 AM   #5
Sylver
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Amazon will charge your default CC at the time the pre-ordered book is sent to you at the pre-order price. However, I've been refunded the difference if the price drops immediately after the book is released. It would be no more than $35 + tax (if applicable).
aha, so after the official release, the price actually goes down not up? I thought there are some discount for pre-ordering to reward savvy readers, not the other way round! Then I will just wait then.
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 01:30 AM   #6
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylver View Post
aha, so after the official release, the price actually goes down not up? I thought there are some discount for pre-ordering to reward savvy readers, not the other way round! Then I will just wait then.

Pre-ordering is nice if you want the book shortly after midnight (Pacific Time) on release day. The price guarantee protects you IF the price were to decline immediately after release. If it's beyond seven days, I'm sure it would not.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote