Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
Jib_H
Jib_H began at the beginning.

Device: none
Buy a Sony Prs 650 in Japan is a good idea?

Hi everyone!
My father is in Japan now and he wants to buy a sony PRS 650 for me. But I read french and english books. I don't know if you can read french epub in a japanese reader. Maybe someone has a answer?

Thanks in advance!
Jib_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
Merbear
Enthusiast
Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.Merbear put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PRS-600 & Kobo & PRS-650, iTouch and iPad2
You should be able to set the language to English with no problem.
Merbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
Jib_H

Can you tell me if you can change the language of your prs650 in japanese? If it's possible, the contrary is possible too, isn't it?
Old 03-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #4
merrygoblin
merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-650, HTC Desire
I could be wrong, but my swiss cheese memory seems to recall there being differences between the Japanese versions and the American/European versions. Big differences along the lines of the Japanese one not supporting DRM-ed epub books, for example.

It'll be in other threads, which you'll probably be able to find by a search of the forum posts. One of them is here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=japanese

Last edited by merrygoblin; 03-09-2011 at 07:58 AM.
merrygoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #5
Jib_H

Thanks!
I read some post and apparently you can read english ebook and menu can be in english. No problems for that! But you're right about the drm, it's not compatible with this reader. My father will buy the reader and I will confirm this informations when I will have it.
Advert