Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #16
JoeSchmoo
JoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enoughJoeSchmoo will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color
Comic Reader Mobi for Android is an interesting choice. It's pricey ($14.99!), but it has some unique features. Most notable is it's ability to zoom ONLY the text with a tap. The idea is that you can view comic pictures full-screen without a problem (after all, you watch movies full screen), but the text can be unreadable. So with this feature, you can see the entire comic page, AND read the text!
I've tried it with the Nook Color and it does work. They have an interactive demo on their website.

Requires a rooted Nook Color, so I'm not sure if this is the proper forum.
Note: I'm not affiliated with this company in any way.
JoeSchmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #17
jcwald
jcwald began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
After reading this post I downloaded ACV on my rooted nook and it works very well with the .cbr files that I have.
jcwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 02:59 PM   #18
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSchmoo View Post
Comic Reader Mobi for Android is an interesting choice. It's pricey ($14.99!), but it has some unique features. Most notable is it's ability to zoom ONLY the text with a tap. The idea is that you can view comic pictures full-screen without a problem (after all, you watch movies full screen), but the text can be unreadable. So with this feature, you can see the entire comic page, AND read the text!
I've tried it with the Nook Color and it does work. They have an interactive demo on their website.

Requires a rooted Nook Color, so I'm not sure if this is the proper forum.
Note: I'm not affiliated with this company in any way.
rooted and i prefer mobi too. it seems to be the only one that keeps track of what you've already read. it's helpful for when i go back to comicrack and mark my issues.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #19
ashmccool
ashmccool began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Im lightly annoyed by my sd card booted honeycomb nook color. For whatever reason I can only access the second partition from the nook color, however I can only access the boot partition from windows(7), or with an app the internal storage. No I just don't know how to get the files on the device. I would much prefer to use my MobiReader(which also has apperently some license issue on honeycomb). Any advice?
ashmccool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #20
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I'm thinking of getting Comic Reader Mobi, though the price is off-putting.

At present I use ACV on my rooted NC and it works really well for me. I've also used Comixology, Graphic.ly, and Ave!Comics - and Comixology works the best for me.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #21
botyok
botyok began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
hi, i'm using the perfect viewer and I just want to say it's perfect for cbr and cbz.
botyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #22
Elric
Elric began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Yeah, I recommended ACV earlier, but recently checked out PerfectViewer and jjComic as well after hearing about them on a different forum... jj may actually become my new default comics reader. I like the interface on it a little better than PV or ACV right now.
Elric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #23
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I'll have to try jjComic sometime - I didn't like PerfectViewer as much as ACV.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:01 AM   #24
franken_stein
franken_stein began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight & Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Hey, I am reviving this older topic because I have a question about reading comics on the Nook Color. I am planning on getting one, and was wondering if there have been any big changes to the Nook Color so far? Basically I just want to know if this hasn't changed and that it's still true that to read cbr and cbz files on Nook Color, you have to root it?

From what I read here I would really like to try Android Comics Viewer because I want to read my cbr/cbz files directly instead of doing any more conversion, and just want to know if rooting is still necessary for this.

Thanks, everyone!

Last edited by franken_stein; 08-10-2011 at 09:52 PM.
franken_stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #25
producerism
producerism began at the beginning.

Device: none
After reading all the reviews for ACV, I was pretty disappointed with it. So far I've been using Perfect Viewer and couldn't be happier... until I saw the video for Comic Reader Mobi... looks interesting, especially the text zooming feature.

For free though, I prefer Perfect Viewer over ACV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken_stein View Post
I want to read my cbr/cbz files directly instead of doing any more conversion, and just want to know if rooting is still necessary for this.!
Pretty sure you need to root your device in order to install a cbr/cbz reader

Last edited by producerism; 08-12-2011 at 04:47 PM.
producerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:02 PM   #26
Airtimid
Airtimid began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
JJComic is good, but the donate notification is annoying. No matter what option you choose, the same thing happens. The message goes away and the message comes back up whenever the screen orientation changes. Annoying to say the least.
Airtimid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #27
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Oh, darn - I should never have clicked on this thread.

I used to have quite a comics habit in college, but I hadn't picked one up in years.

Now I've gone and downloaded a bunch of vintage PD comics and am happily reading them on my NC.

Darn it! See what you made me do!

khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:13 AM   #28
franken_stein
franken_stein began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight & Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
Just an update - I used manual nooter to root my Nook, used Perfect Viewer as per suggestions here, and am now reading comics off my NC. I LOVE IT. It works like a dream. So good! For some reason reading the comic files off my computer kind of aggravates me, and reading off the NC is amazing in comparison, so convenient and feels so much better than on the computer screen even though... well, they're both LCD, but I guess it's just nicer to hold it in my hands!
franken_stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #29
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I lost my comic collection years ago and I'd need to buy new ones. I understand Comixology sells them. Has anyone tried using Comixology on a Nook Color?

I should have added that it isn't listed on the B&N Nook Color apps page but it is in the Android Marketplace. It's looking more and more like I'm going to have to root my NC but I need to know if things like Comixology will work coming from a non-B&N site.

Last edited by 6charlong; 08-21-2011 at 05:59 PM. Reason: forgot to add where I looked and what I actually need to know
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #30
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
I lost my comic collection years ago and I'd need to buy new ones. I understand Comixology sells them. Has anyone tried using Comixology on a Nook Color?

I should have added that it isn't listed on the B&N Nook Color apps page but it is in the Android Marketplace. It's looking more and more like I'm going to have to root my NC but I need to know if things like Comixology will work coming from a non-B&N site.

I have CM7 installed, and the Market says the Comics by Comixology app is compatible with my device.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote