Calibre doesn't convert lrf to epub?
Any suggestions on how this can be done with a mac
running osx 10.5.6?

Many Thanks
scottsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Look for LRFTools.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Where did you get the .LRF? Most places that provide LRFs also provide a better source format to convert from like LIT or Mobi.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:54 AM   #4
Student1
Groupie
Student1 doesn't litterStudent1 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Where did you get the .LRF? Most places that provide LRFs also provide a better source format to convert from like LIT or Mobi.

BOb
Not sure where he got his, but myself i use pdfread to convert a lot of pdf s i have to lrf, maybe thats his problem. About epub... hold out a bit, tried lrf tools and the epubs are 10 times slower than the lrf. So for now lrf s are alot better for big files. Until more powerfull readers are released... then again more powerfull means less battery time... so we ll see (by big files i mean scanned 10 to 100 megs a few megs np)

Last edited by Student1; 04-20-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Student1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #5
scottsan
Connoisseur
scottsan began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
LRF to Epub

many, actually most, of the LRFs I have were originally obtained as LRFs or were converted from PDFs with a much older version of calibre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student1 View Post
Not sure where he got his, but myself i use pdfread to convert a lot of pdf s i have to lrf, maybe thats his problem. About epub... hold out a bit, tried lrf tools and the epubs are 10 times slower than the lrf. So for now lrf s are alot better for big files. Until more powerfull readers are released... then again more powerfull means less battery time... so we ll see (by big files i mean scanned 10 to 100 megs a few megs np)
scottsan is offline   Reply With Quote