Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-16-2016, 07:58 PM   #1576
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
I've only seen this when upgrading from very old versions where some specific changes were made. Remove the plugin, restart calibre, and reinstall the plugin, your settings will be preserved.
Cannot remove what is not installed.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:14 PM   #1577
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Cannot remove what is not installed.
In that case you will need to manually delete the plugin file. Open the calibre configuration directory, go to the plugin directory and delete the plugin. Then start calibre and reinstall the plugin.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:43 AM   #1578
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In that case I shall try it. And hopefully it's fixed.

Thanks
Old 08-18-2016, 03:31 PM   #1579
jackastor
Wizard

Tried it, it was not there, so that's not it. Tried to manually install it, and it goes no issue. not sure what the issue was except maybe corruption somehow?

regardless its sorted.

thanks for all the help and advice.

jack
Old 08-19-2016, 04:03 PM   #1580
apbook
apbook began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
I'm having some trouble with my Kobo device. Probably my fault too Could you (or anyone else having the same trouble) install this driver update manually and try sending the book to your device? Just go to Preferences -> Plugins and choose Load Plugin From File. Let me know of any problems, with debug logs. And if I can get my device working again, I'll try it myself
Hi jgoguen

thank you for this fix, for me it works.
apbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 12:54 AM   #1581
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I just uploaded version 2.8.0, calibre should offer it automatically in the next couple hours. This fixes a problem with the hyphenation setting not being respected, and also updates the database code (what little there is) to use apsw instead of sqlite3, which davidfor kindly pointed out to me has better performance and consistent behaviour across platforms (Python for Windows uses an earlier version of the SQLite libraries than Python for OS X or Linux).
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:50 PM   #1582
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Dear Friend.
While configurating the plugin I stumble to a second tab that was in my memory never there.
It have to do with colums, make collections. but then an empty field.
What does it do, and what to fill in, is it possible to make seperate bookshelfs of a serie in it ??

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-08-27 01_44_49-Aanpassen KoboTouchExtended.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	151197
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:16 PM   #1583
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
Dear Friend.
While configurating the plugin I stumble to a second tab that was in my memory never there.
It have to do with colums, make collections. but then an empty field.
What does it do, and what to fill in, is it possible to make seperate bookshelfs of a serie in it ?
That change a couple of months ago. The options are no different. Before, they were all on one panel. I rewrote the KoboTouch configuration to make it easier to extend and group the functions. The extended driver inherits the function from the main KoboTouch driver.

Until calibre 2.65, the collection management options have not changed for years. They have worked exactly the same as before. And yes, you can create collections from the series column. Have a look at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo...nd_Collections to see how it is done.
Old 08-27-2016, 11:22 AM   #1584
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Have a look at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo...nd_Collections to see how it is done.
I will look into that.. but as English is not my native language, the guide seems difficult and having more then 2000 books in calibre, I don't know how to update them all, but I will play with it.
As for now, I don't understand a thing so wish me good luck
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:58 AM   #1585
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
I'm having an issue with my brand-spanking new Aura One. It gets detected as a 'generic Kobo' ('Kobo Touch/Glo/Mini/Aura HD/Aura') and not as an Aura One. Is it supposed to be that way?

It is especially an issue with the Kobo Utilities plugin, which uses the Type to create the autobackup filenames. That creates funky filenames Windows doesn't much like...

I have added the Calibre debug log, in case it is of any use.

Spoiler:
calibre Debug log
calibre 2.66 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 1) && Manage Series (1, 2, 8) && catawiki (0, 0, 2) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 1, 6) && Goodreads (1, 1, 11) && KePub Metadata Reader (2, 7, 1) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 14) && BOL_NL (3, 8, 10) && Count Pages (1, 6, 9) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 81, 2) && KoboTouchExtended (2, 8, 0) && KePub Metadata Writer (2, 7, 1) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 0, 4) && Obok DeDRM (6, 3, 6) && Webscription (1, 1, 0) && KePub Output (2, 7, 1) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 4, 1)
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 127.664921466 x 127.590697674
Starting up...
DEBUG: 0.0 obok::utilities.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 obok::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 obok::config.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 obok::action_err.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::dialogs.py - loading translations
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboUtilites::action.py - loading translations
Storage number map:
{(7L, 0L): [(4L, 'C')], (7L, 1L): [(1L, 'E')]}
Storage number for USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_KOBO&PROD_EREADER-4.0.7523&REV_0110\N709680011242&0: StorageDeviceNumber(type=7L, number=1L, partition_number=0L)
Drive letters for USBDevice(vendor_id=0x2237 product_id=0x4225 bcd=0x110 devid=usb\vid_2237&pid_4225&rev_0110 devinst=2)
{u'drive_letters': ['E'],
u'pnp_id_map': {'E': u'\\\\?\\usbstor#disk&ven_kobo&prod_ereader-4.0.7523&rev_0110#n709680011242&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}'},
u'readonly_drives': set([]),
u'sort_map': {'E': (1L, 1L)}}
DEBUG: 20.1 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 20.1 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG: 20.1 Root path of device: E:\
DEBUG: 20.1 END Get Device Path
DEBUG: 20.1 KoboUtilities:get_device - self.device_path="E:\"
DEBUG: 20.1 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=None, self.supports_tiles=None
DEBUG: 20.1 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG: 20.1 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Driver: KoboTouchExtended'
DEBUG: 22.2 KoboUtilities:_on_device_connection_changed - self.plugin_device_connection_changed.__class__: <type 'PyQt5.QtCore.pyqtBoundSignal'>
DEBUG: 22.2 Methods for self.plugin_device_connection_changed: ['__call__', '__class__', '__delattr__', '__doc__', '__format__', '__getattribute__', '__getitem__', '__hash__', '__init__', '__new__', '__reduce__', '__reduce_ex__', '__repr__', '__setattr__', '__sizeof__', '__str__', '__subclasshook__', 'connect', 'disconnect', 'emit', 'signal']
DEBUG: 22.2 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 22.2 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG: 22.2 Root path of device: E:\
DEBUG: 22.2 END Get Device Path
DEBUG: 22.2 KoboUtilities:get_device - self.device_path="E:\"
DEBUG: 22.2 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG: 22.2 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Job: 1 Set library information started
DeviceJob: 1 Set library information done, calling callback
SMART_DEV ( 0.10: 0.097) _attach_to_port try ip address "" on port 9090
SMART_DEV ( 1.05: 0.821) startup_on_demand listening on port 9090
SMART_DEV ( 1.14: 0.027) _attach_to_port try ip address "" on port 54982
SMART_DEV ( 1.20: 0.000) startup_on_demand broadcast socket listening on port 54982
DeviceJob: 1 Set library information callback returned
Job: 2 Get device information started
Job: 1 Set library information finished
No details available.
DeviceJob: 2 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 2 Get device information callback returned
Job: 3 Set library information started
DeviceJob: 3 Set library information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 3 Set library information callback returned
Job: 4 Get list of books on device started
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouchExtended:settings: settings= <calibre.utils.config_base.OptionValues object at 0x0000000078DB3DD8>
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None', prefix='E:\'
DEBUG: 0.0 Kobo device: Kobo Touch/Glo/Mini/Aura HD/Aura
DEBUG: 0.0 Version of driver: (2, 8, 0) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.0 Version of firmware: (4, 0, 7523) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.0 Firmware supports cover image tree: True
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouchExtended:settings: settings= <calibre.utils.config_base.OptionValues object at 0x0000000078DB3E80>
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - opts.extra_customization= []
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - driver options= Driver:KoboTouchExtended, Options - format_map: [u'epub', u'kepub', u'pdf', u'txt', u'cbz', u'cbr'], use_subdirs: False, read_metadata: True, use_author_sort: False, save_template: {authors} - {title}, extra_customization: [], manage_collections: False, collections_columns: , create_collections: False, delete_empty_collections: True, ignore_collections_names: , upload_covers: True, keep_cover_aspect: False, upload_grayscale: False, show_archived_books: True, show_previews: False, show_recommendations: False, update_series: True, update_device_metadata: True, modify_css: True, support_newer_firmware: True, debugging_title: , driver_version: 2.8.0, extra_features: True, upload_encumbered: False, skip_failed: False, hyphenate: False, replace_lang: False, smarten_punctuation: False, clean_markup: True, full_page_numbers: True, disable_hyphenation: False, file_copy_dir:
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - prefs['manage_device_metadata']= on_connect
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - set_debugging_title to ''
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - length bl=0
SMART_DEV ( 2.26: 1.008) run All IP addresses {'{DF572573-A4FF-11E5-B989-806E6F6E6963}': [{'broadcast': '127.255.255.255', 'netmask': '255.0.0.0', 'addr': '127.0.0.1'}], '{5B09173B-6A84-4D21-87C3-BD721EB0E535}': [{'addr': '169.254.101.53'}], '{FB9E5A1C-970A-4FE3-A88F-546A6A940162}': [{'broadcast': '192.168.192.255', 'netmask': '255.255.255.0', 'addr': '192.168.192.3'}], '{6517BCBE-7D0A-4CB1-8C84-14B3FFAFC80F}': [{'addr': '169.254.196.192'}]}
Job: 3 Set library information finished
No details available.
Job: 2 Get device information finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 0.8 KoboTouch:books - length bl after sync=532
DEBUG: 0.8 KoboTouch:books - reading device database
DEBUG: 0.9 Database Version: 129
DEBUG: 0.9 KoboTouch:books - shelf list: [u'READ', u'ReadingList']
DEBUG: 0.9 KoboTouch:books - query= SELECT Title, Attribution, DateCreated, ContentID, MimeType, ContentType, ImageID, ReadStatus, ___ExpirationStatus, FavouritesIndex, Accessibility, IsDownloaded, Series, SeriesNumber, ___UserID, ExternalId FROM content where BookID is Null and ((Accessibility = -1 and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1 )) or (Accessibility in (1,2) ) ) and not ((___ExpirationStatus=3 or ___ExpirationStatus is Null) and ContentType = 6) AND (externalId IS NULL OR externalId = '') AND contentId NOT LIKE 'file:///mnt/sd/%'
DEBUG: 2.9 KoboTouch:books - automatically managing metadata
DEBUG: 3.0 KoboTouch:books - about to sync_booklists
DEBUG: 3.0 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 3.8 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 3.8 KoboTouch:books - have done sync_booklists
DEBUG: 3.8 KoboTouch:books - end - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 3.8 KoboTouch:books - oncard='carda'
DEBUG: 3.8 KoboTouch:books - Asked to process 'carda', but do not have one!
DEBUG: 3.8 KoboTouch:books - oncard='cardb'
DEBUG: 3.8 KoboTouch:books - Asked to process 'cardb', but do not have one!
DeviceJob: 4 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: Starting set_books_in_library
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library: books to process= 532
Job: 4 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
DeviceJob: set_books_in_library finished: time= 0.100000143051
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: updating views
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: syncing
DEBUG: 25.0 KoboTouchExtended:settings: settings= <calibre.utils.config_base.OptionValues object at 0x00000000CBED1F60>
DEBUG: 25.0 KoboTouchExtended:settings: settings= <calibre.utils.config_base.OptionValues object at 0x00000000CBED1860>
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: refreshing ondevice
DeviceJob: metadata_downloaded: sending metadata_available signal
DEBUG: 52.1 KoboUtilites:_on_device_metadata_available - Start
DEBUG: 52.1 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 52.1 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG: 52.1 Root path of device: E:\
DEBUG: 52.1 END Get Device Path
DEBUG: 52.1 KoboUtilities:get_device - self.device_path="E:\"
DEBUG: 52.1 KoboUtilities:get_device - drive_info: {'main': {u'calibre_version': u'2.66.0', u'location_code': 'main', u'device_name': u'Kobo Aura One', u'last_library_uuid': None, u'prefix': 'E:/', u'date_last_connected': u'2016-09-07T07:43:16.066000+00:00', u'device_store_uuid': u'a4faecbc-185a-4e7d-a592-11ef177932dd'}}
DEBUG: 52.1 migrate_library_config_if_required - start
DEBUG: 52.1 get_library_config - library_config: {u'ratingColumn': u'', u'precentReadColumn': u'', u'SchemaVersion': 0.1, u'currentReadingLocationColumn': u'', u'lastReadColumn': u'', u'profiles': {u'Default': {u'customColumnOptions': {u'percentReadColumn': u'', u'ratingColumn': u'', u'lastReadColumn': u'', u'currentReadingLocationColumn': u''}, u'profileName': u'Default', u'updateOptionsStore': {u'firmwareUpdateCheckLastTime': 0, u'doFirmwareUpdateCheck': False, u'doEarlyFirmwareUpdate': False}, u'forDevice': u'*Any Device', u'storeOptionsStore': {u'storeOnConnect': False, u'promptToStore': True, u'doNotStoreIfReopened': False, u'storeIfMoreRecent': False}}}}
DEBUG: 52.1 get_prefs - start - store_name='storeOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 52.1 get_plugin_pref - start - store_name='commonOptionsStore', option='individualDeviceOptions'
DEBUG: 52.1 get_prefs - start - store_name='backupOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 52.1 get_prefs - start - store_name='updateOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 52.1 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG: 52.1 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - device connected. self.device.fwversion= (4, 0, 7523)
DEBUG: 52.1 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Connected Device: Kobo Touch/Glo/Mini/Aura HD/Aura
Firmware version: 4.0.7523
DEBUG: 52.1 KoboUtilites:_on_device_metadata_available - self.current_device_profile: {u'customColumnOptions': {u'percentReadColumn': u'', u'ratingColumn': u'', u'lastReadColumn': u'', u'currentReadingLocationColumn': u''}, u'profileName': u'Default', u'updateOptionsStore': {u'firmwareUpdateCheckLastTime': 0, u'doFirmwareUpdateCheck': False, u'doEarlyFirmwareUpdate': False}, u'forDevice': u'*Any Device', u'storeOptionsStore': {u'storeOnConnect': False, u'promptToStore': True, u'doNotStoreIfReopened': False, u'storeIfMoreRecent': False}}
DEBUG: 52.1 KoboUtilites:_on_device_metadata_available - self.current_backup_config: {u'backupZipDatabase': True, u'backupCopiesToKeepSpin': 5, u'backupDestDirectory': u'C:/Users/marco/Documents/Software/Kobo DB', u'doDailyBackp': False, u'backupEachCOnnection': True}
DEBUG: 52.1 KoboUtilites:_on_device_metadata_available - About to start auto backup
DEBUG: 52.1 auto_backup_device_database - start
DEBUG: 52.1 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG: 52.1 Root path of device: E:\
DEBUG: 52.1 END Get Device Path
DEBUG: 52.1 auto_backup_device_database - destination directory= C:/Users/marco/Documents/Software/Kobo DB
DEBUG: 52.1 auto_backup_device_database - about to get version info from device...
DEBUG: 52.1 auto_backup_device_database - version_info= ['N709680011242', '3.0.35+', '4.0.7523', '3.0.35+', '3.0.35+', '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000373']
DEBUG: 52.1 auto_backup_device_database - device_information= ('Kobo Touch/Glo/Mini/Aura HD/Aura', '', '', '', {'main': {u'calibre_version': u'2.66.0', u'location_code': 'main', u'device_name': u'Kobo Aura One', u'last_library_uuid': None, u'prefix': 'E:/', u'date_last_connected': u'2016-09-07T07:43:44.310000+00:00', u'device_store_uuid': u'a4faecbc-185a-4e7d-a592-11ef177932dd'}})
DEBUG: 52.1 auto_backup_device_database - device_name= KoboTouch/Glo/Mini/AuraHD/Aura
DEBUG: 52.1 auto_backup_device_database - backup_file_template= KoboReader-KoboTouch/Glo/Mini/AuraHD/Aura-N709680011242-
DEBUG: 52.1 auto_backup_device_database - backup_options= {'device_path': 'E:\\', u'backupEachCOnnection': True, 'device_name': 'KoboTouch/Glo/Mini/AuraHD/Aura', 'serial_number': 'N709680011242', u'backupZipDatabase': True, u'backupCopiesToKeepSpin': 5, u'backupDestDirectory': u'C:/Users/marco/Documents/Software/Kobo DB', 'database_file': u'E:\\.kobo\\KoboReader.sqlite', 'backup_file_template': 'KoboReader-{0}-{1}-{2}', u'doDailyBackp': False}
DEBUG: 52.1 KoboUtilitiesAction::_firmware_update
DEBUG: 52.3 auto_backup_device_database - end
DEBUG: 52.3 Have a Kobo device connected connected
DEBUG: 52.3 BEGIN Get Device Path
DEBUG: 52.3 Root path of device: E:\
DEBUG: 52.3 END Get Device Path
DEBUG: 52.3 KoboUtilities:get_device - self.device_path="E:\"
DEBUG: 52.3 KoboUtilities:get_device - drive_info: {'main': {u'calibre_version': u'2.66.0', u'location_code': 'main', u'device_name': u'Kobo Aura One', u'last_library_uuid': None, u'prefix': 'E:/', u'date_last_connected': u'2016-09-07T07:43:16.066000+00:00', u'device_store_uuid': u'a4faecbc-185a-4e7d-a592-11ef177932dd'}}
DEBUG: 52.3 migrate_library_config_if_required - start
DEBUG: 52.3 get_library_config - library_config: {u'ratingColumn': u'', u'precentReadColumn': u'', u'SchemaVersion': 0.1, u'currentReadingLocationColumn': u'', u'lastReadColumn': u'', u'profiles': {u'Default': {u'customColumnOptions': {u'percentReadColumn': u'', u'ratingColumn': u'', u'lastReadColumn': u'', u'currentReadingLocationColumn': u''}, u'profileName': u'Default', u'updateOptionsStore': {u'firmwareUpdateCheckLastTime': 0, u'doFirmwareUpdateCheck': False, u'doEarlyFirmwareUpdate': False}, u'forDevice': u'*Any Device', u'storeOptionsStore': {u'storeOnConnect': False, u'promptToStore': True, u'doNotStoreIfReopened': False, u'storeIfMoreRecent': False}}}}
DEBUG: 52.3 get_prefs - start - store_name='storeOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 52.3 get_plugin_pref - start - store_name='commonOptionsStore', option='individualDeviceOptions'
DEBUG: 52.3 get_prefs - start - store_name='backupOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 52.3 get_prefs - start - store_name='updateOptionsStore'
DEBUG: 52.3 rebuild_menus - self.supports_ratings=True, self.supports_tiles=True
DEBUG: 52.3 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - start: text='None'
DEBUG: 52.3 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - device connected. self.device.fwversion= (4, 0, 7523)
DEBUG: 52.3 KoboUtilities:set_toolbar_button_tooltip - setting to text='Utilities to use with Kobo ereaders

Connected Device: Kobo Touch/Glo/Mini/Aura HD/Aura
Firmware version: 4.0.7523
DEBUG: 52.3 rebuild_menus - have device.
DeviceJob: 4 Get list of books on device callback returned
Job: 5 Send metadata to device started
DEBUG: 28.4 KoboTouchExtended:sync_booklists:Setting ImageId fields
Job: 4 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 28.5 KoboTouchExtended:sync_booklists:Got 0 rows to update
DEBUG: 28.5 KoboTouchExtended:sync_booklists:done setting ImageId fields
DEBUG: 28.5 KOBO:sync_booklists - start
DEBUG: 28.5 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - oncard='main'
DEBUG: 28.5 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - set_debugging_title to ''
DEBUG: 28.5 KTCollectionsBookList:get_collections - start - collection_attributes= [u'']
DEBUG: 28.5 KTCollectionsBookList:get_collections - collection_attributes= [u'']
DEBUG: 28.6 KTCollectionsBookList:get_collections - end
DEBUG: 28.6 No Collections - reseting ReadStatus
DEBUG: 28.6 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - managing bookshelves and series.
DEBUG: 28.6 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - Number of series set=0 Number of books=499
DEBUG: 28.6 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - Finished
DEBUG: 28.6 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 29.4 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 29.4 KOBO:sync_booklists - end
DeviceJob: 5 Send metadata to device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 5 Send metadata to device callback returned
Job: 6 Backing up Kobo device database started
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - start
logger - do_device_database_backup - start
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_options= {'device_path': 'E:\\', u'backupEachCOnnection': True, 'device_name': 'KoboTouch/Glo/Mini/AuraHD/Aura', 'serial_number': 'N709680011242', u'backupZipDatabase': True, u'backupCopiesToKeepSpin': 5, u'backupDestDirectory': u'C:/Users/marco/Documents/Software/Kobo DB', 'database_file': u'E:\\.kobo\\KoboReader.sqlite', 'backup_file_template': 'KoboReader-{0}-{1}-{2}', u'doDailyBackp': False}
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - copies_to_keep= 5
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_file_name=KoboReader-KoboTouch/Glo/Mini/AuraHD/Aura-N709680011242-20160907-094345
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_file_path=C:/Users/marco/Documents/Software/Kobo DB\KoboReader-KoboTouch/Glo/Mini/AuraHD/Aura-N709680011242-20160907-094345.sqlite
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - database_file=E:\.kobo\KoboReader.sqlite
DeviceJob: 6 Backing up Kobo device database done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 6 [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:/Users/marco/Documents/Software/Kobo DB\\KoboReader-KoboTouch/Glo/Mini/AuraHD/Aura-N709680011242-20160907-094345.sqlite'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 193, in do_device_database_backup
File "shutil.py", line 83, in copyfile
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:/Users/marco/Documents/Software/Kobo DB\\KoboReader-KoboTouch/Glo/Mini/AuraHD/Aura-N709680011242-20160907-094345.sqlite'
Backing up Kobo device database
callback returned
Job: 5 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.
Job: 6 Backing up Kobo device database finished
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:/Users/marco/Documents/Software/Kobo DB\\KoboReader-KoboTouch/Glo/Mini/AuraHD/Aura-N709680011242-20160907-094345.sqlite'

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 193, in do_device_database_backup
File "shutil.py", line 83, in copyfile
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:/Users/marco/Documents/Software/Kobo DB\\KoboReader-KoboTouch/Glo/Mini/AuraHD/Aura-N709680011242-20160907-094345.sqlite'

Started up in 75.49 seconds with 190358 books
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:36 AM   #1586
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Exclamation Help: connexion problem between Calibre and Aura One

I've just done a complete reset to see whether it would improve battery problems.

At first all went well, and after doing the work on the device (parameters, dictionaries, fonts, configuration) I started to upload books. First and second batch went well, with the now usual error alert with no incidence.

But plugging it once more into the computer I have Calibre problems. There was a different error message (see below), and though everything seems fine looking at the files in window explorer, and Calibre did acknowledge it (a device column opened in the Calibre library, and a device icon next to the library icon, and the mouse hovering over the icon did say the available memory was 4.5 Gb, which is correct), the column is empty, and the device looks empty from Calibre.

Spoiler:

Calibre, version 2.66.0
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication
avec le dispositif

IOError: disk I/O error

File
"site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File
"site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 503, in _books
File
"site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1686, in books

File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 159, in
device_database_connection
IOError: IOError: disk I/O error
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:58 AM   #1587
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I've just done a complete reset to see whether it would improve battery problems.

At first all went well, and after doing the work on the device (parameters, dictionaries, fonts, configuration) I started to upload books. First and second batch went well, with the now usual error alert with no incidence.

But plugging it once more into the computer I have Calibre problems. There was a different error message (see below), and though everything seems fine looking at the files in window explorer, and Calibre did acknowledge it (a device column opened in the Calibre library, and a device icon next to the library icon, and the mouse hovering over the icon did say the available memory was 4.5 Gb, which is correct), the column is empty, and the device looks empty from Calibre.

Spoiler:

Calibre, version 2.66.0
ERREUR : Erreur: Erreur pendant la communication
avec le dispositif

IOError: disk I/O error

File
"site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File
"site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 503, in _books
File
"site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1686, in books

File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 159, in
device_database_connection
IOError: IOError: disk I/O error
I haven't seen a error like that before. I'd suggest using the utilities plugin to check the database, but I think you will see exactly the same error. It is probably a sign the database on the device is corrupt. But, has the device been mounted read-only? Did Windows say anything about the filesystem needing to be checked?

In any case, the first thing to do is restart the device. If it is still a problem, run a checkdsk on the drive from Windows.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:06 AM   #1588
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
I'm having an issue with my brand-spanking new Aura One. It gets detected as a 'generic Kobo' ('Kobo Touch/Glo/Mini/Aura HD/Aura') and not as an Aura One. Is it supposed to be that way?

It is especially an issue with the Kobo Utilities plugin, which uses the Type to create the autobackup filenames. That creates funky filenames Windows doesn't much like...

I have added the Calibre debug log, in case it is of any use.
Sorry, that's my fault. I put the code in to identify the Aura ONE, but I forgot to put the code in for the name. I'll have it fixed for the next calibre release. In the meantime, the only problem is the name is the generic. The device will be recognised and handled correctly.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:44 AM   #1589
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
I haven't seen a error like that before. I'd suggest using the utilities plugin to check the database, but I think you will see exactly the same error. It is probably a sign the database on the device is corrupt. But, has the device been mounted read-only? Did Windows say anything about the filesystem needing to be checked?

In any case, the first thing to do is restart the device. If it is still a problem, run a checkdsk on the drive from Windows.
Just restarting worked. My bad. I SHOULD have remembered that it always the first thing to do.

Thank you.

Edit: I checked the data base and it is ok.

Last edited by anacreon; 09-07-2016 at 07:50 AM.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:22 AM   #1590
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Sorry, that's my fault. I put the code in to identify the Aura ONE, but I forgot to put the code in for the name. I'll have it fixed for the next calibre release. In the meantime, the only problem is the name is the generic. The device will be recognised and handled correctly.
No worries. It works fine, like you say, except for the database backup filenames that get slashes in them. I can disable it for now.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one