Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
ramnathk
ramnathk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
PDF covers & metadata

Folks, I've just started using calibre to manage my sideloaded books on my Kindle Paperwhite and noticed that for PDF books, the cover and metadata/summary info does not seem to get transferred onto the device. Is this as expected? Is there a way I can get these metadata onto my kindle?

The covers work just fine if I were to convert them to a .mobi file.

Cheers
ramnathk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
ramnathk
ramnathk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
bump!
ramnathk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Bumps are not MR etiquette. Please don't do this
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
PDF has no support for covers, and summary metadata. A PDF "Cover" is just the first page of the PDF, and there is no way to identify if the existing first page is already a cover or not.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote