Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-29-2014, 05:35 AM   #1
vmsda
Enthusiast
vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.

Device: Pocketbook
Underlining epub text in PB622

When reading an epub book on my PB622, I press on a word but am unable to extend a marker to highlight (or underline, if possible) two or more consecutive words; the marker jumps from one word to another. What is the trick?

Last edited by vmsda; 04-29-2014 at 05:54 PM.
vmsda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
It works for me if I drag my finger in marker mode over the text I want highlighted, and lift my finger on the last word. Which program are you using to read the epub?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:34 PM   #3
vmsda
Enthusiast
vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.vmsda is faster than slow light.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
It works for me if I drag my finger in marker mode over the text I want highlighted, and lift my finger on the last word. Which program are you using to read the epub?
1. I finally managed to do it by entering Notes, choosing the marker, and dragging the pen over the text.

I was trying by pressing a word, which gets marked by an underline and a double flag;then I tried to extend the marking by dragging one of the flags, but the behaviour was way unpredictable. By the way, no way I can manage any method with my thick fingers.

2. I have no idea which program I am using, whatever is defaulted to. Do I have a choice? What do most people use?
vmsda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:25 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The default is AdobeViewer, which is what I use. The other option out of the box is fbreader. You can also install Coolreader yourself, and then set up the default epub app in the /system/config/extensions.cfg file (plenty of other threads describing that). If you do a long press on a book in the Library app, you'll see an "Open with" menu item that allows you to choose which reading app you use for each book.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote