Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #16
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Now that is what I call a severe penalty on early withdrawal!
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #17
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Here in Australia we pay people to have babies. Seems to only encourage the ones who shouldn't be having the to begin with though so I'm not sure it's a great idea.

On top of that just about every tax cut ever announced is given to families so in effect people with no children are being taxed more than those with children. Not really different to being fined for not having children.

And all this is going on while we argue about whether we should take more refugees and immigrants!
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #18
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel
I cannot have a baby, I'm a guy. Can't get pregnant.

I can father a child, but not give birth. That is what the phrase 'have a baby' means to me, pregnancy.
Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #19
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTePoK View Post
Thanks God, the bill still isn't accepted...
And fingers crossed it stays that way.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #20
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Shooooo! We've been doing that in the US for years. Just look at our income tax regulations. We also get charged for not getting married!
But it's worth it!
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #21
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hmmm, charging guys for not getting a woman pregnant? The government must be keen on spending heaps of money on DNA tests - how else can they ensure who actually fathered a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
Here in Australia we pay people to have babies. Seems to only encourage the ones who shouldn't be having the to begin with though so I'm not sure it's a great idea.

On top of that just about every tax cut ever announced is given to families so in effect people with no children are being taxed more than those with children. Not really different to being fined for not having children.

And all this is going on while we argue about whether we should take more refugees and immigrants!
I agree - incentive payments seem to have led to increased teenage pregnancies here - much easier to collect a couple hundred dollars / fortnight per child than going to school or - higher being forbid - work for it.

I don't mind being 'penalised' for not having children - give support to families. Hard enough for most of them. What annoys me that the penalties go up and up and up and the government still thinks childless couples need to get penalised even more. Seems a tad unfair to those who would love a child, can't have one and are not allowed to adopt here in Australia.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #22
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
Hmmm, charging guys for not getting a woman pregnant? The government must be keen on spending heaps of money on DNA tests - how else can they ensure who actually fathered a child.

I agree - incentive payments seem to have led to increased teenage pregnancies here - much easier to collect a couple hundred dollars / fortnight per child than going to school or - higher being forbid - work for it.

I don't mind being 'penalised' for not having children - give support to families. Hard enough for most of them. What annoys me that the penalties go up and up and up and the government still thinks childless couples need to get penalised even more. Seems a tad unfair to those who would love a child, can't have one and are not allowed to adopt here in Australia.
Without the generous baby bonus, the less fortunate of us would never be able to afford a big plasma TV with Austar/Foxtel. Unless some "good sports with money" will let them have it "now".

Its a bit like the tobacco tax (pheww I am glad I gave up). Wait a minute the tobacco tax is designed to claw back the baby bonus huh?
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:46 PM   #23
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Without the generous baby bonus, the less fortunate of us would never be able to afford a big plasma TV with Austar/Foxtel. Unless some "good sports with money" will let them have it "now".

Its a bit like the tobacco tax (pheww I am glad I gave up). Wait a minute the tobacco tax is designed to claw back the baby bonus huh?
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:27 AM   #24
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTePoK View Post
As I said it before, men are going to be charged for not making women pregnant.
Who's doing the watching, and checking ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Now that is what I call a severe penalty on early withdrawal!
without interest ..

GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:53 AM   #25
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
That's what I was thinking as well...

This is a silly law... Besides, it's still cheaper to get a fine than to have a kid or two...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:07 AM   #26
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
But funny!

I was at a multi-agency conference for services that work with young people, taking part in a multi-agency focus group that had to address a number of questions and write up their answers on post-it notes. The question was:

What are you doing to address the problem of teenage pregnancy?

One wag wrote the reply;

Spoiler:
I always wear a condom when I have sex with clients
Do not read if easily offended
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:32 AM   #27
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
But funny!

I was at a multi-agency conference for services that work with young people, taking part in a multi-agency focus group that had to address a number of questions and write up their answers on post-it notes. The question was:

What are you doing to address the problem of teenage pregnancy?

One wag wrote the reply;

Spoiler:
He did have a quick mind!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:40 AM   #28
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
One wag wrote the reply;

Spoiler:
What, exactly, was he wagging?
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:50 AM   #29
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
What, exactly, was he wagging?
He was wagging his duty to impregnate! Like wagging school.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote