Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #46
ChrisK91
ChrisK91 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo
Thanks for this plugin. It works for almost every book I tried. There is however one book that's causing issues. The book converts fine and shows up on my Kobo Glo. I can open it up as well without any issues. However, if I want to reload the book (for instance after switching to the menu), the Reader states "Loading page 1 of [chapter]" and never finishes. Do you think that's an issue with the epub or with the converted file? Because the epub itself loads fine on the Glo.
ChrisK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #47
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
No idea. Could also be a bug in the ACCESS renderer. Please follow the directions in the first post to submit a bug.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #48
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Chrisk91: What version of the firmware? There is a problem that sounds like what you described. It has either been fixed or the occurrence of it reduced in 3.1.0. There seemed to be a few things that could cause it. One was using an embedded font. The others weren't as clear.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #49
ChrisK91
ChrisK91 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Chrisk91: What version of the firmware? There is a problem that sounds like what you described. It has either been fixed or the occurrence of it reduced in 3.1.0. There seemed to be a few things that could cause it. One was using an embedded font. The others weren't as clear.
The reader has updated to 3.1.0 this night, the converted kebup still causes the reader to freeze. I think I'll just create an issue on the bugtracker.
ChrisK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #50
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I saw your bug come in. I'm away from my computer right now but I'll take a look and update you first chance I get.
Advert
Old 12-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #51
donjon
donjon began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Sigh; these stats are NOT available for side loaded kepubs any longer. Kobo MIGHT reintroduce it but I would not count on it.
Thank you for your reponse. What is odd is that some people arround me still have the full reading stats available on their Kobo when they read side loaded kepubs.
Does this should not be linked to the last version of the firmware 3.1.0?

Thank you
donjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #52
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There is a totally unsupported / never to be updated version of the KoboTouchExtended driver available that does move the books to the location required for stats to work; unfortunately there are some severe side effects to using it.

Frankly I don't remember (and have no interest either in looking for this info) what f/w release the stats were disabled in; it might well have been 2.8 or 2.9 even.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #53
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Frankly I don't remember (and have no interest either in looking for this info) what f/w release the stats were disabled in; it might well have been 2.8 or 2.9 even.
My memory says it was 2.9.0.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #54
ojay
ojay can differentiate black from dark navy blueojay can differentiate black from dark navy blueojay can differentiate black from dark navy blueojay can differentiate black from dark navy blueojay can differentiate black from dark navy blueojay can differentiate black from dark navy blueojay can differentiate black from dark navy blueojay can differentiate black from dark navy blueojay can differentiate black from dark navy blueojay can differentiate black from dark navy blueojay can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Mini
Gday, Joel

has this plugin been retired or superseded?
I had installed it but removed it to troubleshoot and now cannot find it easily.
I can see the zip file there but thought perhaps you've integrated the function elsewhere.

Oscar
ojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #55
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

It looks like the plugin index thread has been messed up. I believe calibre uses that as its original source. I have sent a message to someone to have a look at it. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:33 AM   #56
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It looks like the plugin index thread has been messed up. I believe calibre uses that as its original source. I have sent a message to someone to have a look at it. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
Kobo Touch Extended is now showing on 'Get Plugins'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #57
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Kobo Touch Extended is now showing on 'Get Plugins'
Thank you. I would express the hope your cat would forgive me for taking your attention away from it, but, as a member of the staff for two cats, I know that won't happen
Old 12-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #58
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

New version uploaded, look for a calibre update notice in the next couple hours. Nothing major in this version, just a translation update that includes Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR).
Old 12-22-2013, 05:04 PM   #59
Roadbug
Bookworm
Roadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Original Kobo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK91 View Post
The reader has updated to 3.1.0 this night, the converted kebup still causes the reader to freeze. I think I'll just create an issue on the bugtracker.
In fact, I believe that the bug is related to the conversion of an .epub file to a .kepub.file while calibre is sideloading the book to the device. I manually deleted the .kepub.epub file in the device and manually copied the .epub file from calibre's library and the bug disappeared. Calibre version is 1.16.0 and firmware is 3.1.1.
Roadbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #60
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

If it's happening in both plugins, the issue is in the common code shared by both plugins.