Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Problem making catalog ePub output

Not sure if I am just doing something stupid or not, but I am having problems generating a catalog from a single tagged group of about 235 books. I have no problems with developing a standard catalog, but am trying to generate a catalog with only the title, author, and description and after modifying the template file, keep getting a "line index out of range" error OR a "no contents" error. I looked and searched through the forums, but did not find any solutions. I am almost sure that I am simply making a wrong syntax error somewhere, but haven't figured it out. If anyone can help, that would be appreciated, or simply a pointer to the correct thread if one exists for this. thanks.

I am using the latest calibre on MacOS X.

I have the following template.xhtml set-up in my catalogs folder:
Code:
<html xmlns="{xmlns}">
    <head>
        <title>{title_str}</title>
        <meta name="catalog description header" http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
		<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css" media="screen" />
    </head>
    <body>
		<p class="title">{title}</p>
		<hr class="header_divider" />
		<p class="author">{author_prefix}<a class="author">{author}</a></p>
		<hr class="description_divider" />
		<div class="description">{comments}</div>
	</body>
</html>
And below is the error reports I get:
One type of error:
Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.7.43
ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Generate catalog

Generate catalog
Python function terminated unexpectedly: list index out of range
Sections: Authors, Descriptions
Catalog_EPUB_MOBI(): Generating epub for sony in GUI environment
connected_device: 'None'
book count: 235
opts:
authorClip: 100
catalog_title: u'Unread'
connected_kindle: False
descriptionClip: 380
exclude_book_marker: u':'
exclude_genre: u'\\[.+\\]'
exclude_tags: u'~,Catalog'
header_note_source_field: ''
merge_comments: '::True'
output_profile: 'sony'
read_book_marker: u'tag:+'
search_text: None
sort_by: None
sort_descriptions_by_author: True
sync: False
thumb_width: '1.00'
wishlist_tag: u'Wishlist'
existing thumb cache at /Users/sc/Library/Preferences/calibre/caches/catalog/thumbs.zip, cached_thumb_width: 1.00"
Begin catalog source generation
DPI = 168; thumbnail dimensions: 168 x 224
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 147, in main
return run_entry_point()
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 116, in run_entry_point
return getattr(pmod, func)()
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 110, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 68, in gui_catalog
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 5053, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 1388, in buildSources
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 1794, in generateHTMLDescriptions
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 4454, in generateHTMLDescriptionHeader
IndexError: list index out of range

Other type of error:
Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.7.43

Generate catalog
Python function terminated unexpectedly: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'extract'
book count: 235
opts:
existing thumb cache at /Users/sc/Library/Preferences/calibre/caches/catalog/thumbs.zip, cached_thumb_width: 1.00"
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 147, in main
return run_entry_point()
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 116, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/gui_conversion.py", line 68, in gui_catalog
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 5053, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 1388, in buildSources
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 1794, in generateHTMLDescriptions
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 4444, in generateHTMLDescriptionHeader
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'extract'

Last edited by slantybard; 02-04-2011 at 04:21 PM.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:20 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by slantybard View Post
Not sure if I am just doing something stupid or not, but I am having problems generating a catalog from a single tagged group of about 235 books. I have no problems with developing a standard catalog, but am trying to generate a catalog with only the title, author, and description and after modifying the template file, keep getting a "line index out of range" error OR a "no contents" error …
You were a were a bit more aggressive in editing the template than I originally envisioned.

Patch submitted, fixed in next release.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #3
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
You were a were a bit more aggressive in editing the template than I originally envisioned.

Patch submitted, fixed in next release.

G
Sorry. I just approached it like a web page and when I edited it, I tried to make it as clean code as possible. Thanks for your help though. I didn't add a ticket for this since I didn't know if it was me or calibre doing the fumbling.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Your template was a good test case.

G
Old 02-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
slantybard
my parent's oops...

I updated to the latest calibre today. Unfortunately, the custom catalog is still not working GRiker. Here is the error report:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.7.44

Generate catalog
Python function terminated unexpectedly: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'extract'
book count: 5
opts:
return run_entry_point()
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 5071, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 1397, in buildSources
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 1803, in generateHTMLDescriptions
File "site-packages/calibre/library/catalog.py", line 4450, in generateHTMLDescriptionHeader
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'extract'

Do you want me to continue discussing this with you here or open a ticket? Let me know. There is definitely no rush for me in this as (a) you volunteer your time in this (b) you may be working on more important stuff.

PS: thanks for all your work here and on the code.
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 05:01 PM   #6
GRiker

Open a ticket, attach the template you're using, plus the error trace as posted here.

G
Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
slantybard
my parent's oops...

Done.

http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/8764