Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-24-2014, 01:12 AM   #2476
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
This leaves me with three uncertainties. One is, would I have been charged the full amount if I had purchased the Audible Whispersync from Audible's website, instead of Amazon's? I suggest that, if you buy a Whispersync companion during the current promotion, you not buy it at the book's webpage at Amazon, but go to Audible's site to try to purchase it to see if you get the 25% discount that way.
I don't think the two are promotions can be used together. I have a free book with a ws4v on the amazon site of $1.99 if I go to audible search for it and add it to the cart there it also shows as $1.99
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:13 AM   #2477
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
On another note has any listened to or read today's daily deal, The Good Thief's Guide to Amsterdam by Chris Ewan Narrated by Simon Vance? wondering if its any good
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:32 AM   #2478
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I guess I never thought it would include a title if I was already getting the WS4V discount as opposed to buying it at regular price (with or without member discount). Seldom do two offers (WS4V + 25%) combine at most stores, usually only the 'best' offer applies.
I didn't know that. Thanks.

But it's interesting that this sale was billed as one in which you got 25% off, including on sale items. I suppose the Whispersync discounted audiobook is not considered as a sale item.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #2479
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Audible has a 25% off everything on site including sale prices. Sale ends June 30. Check your wish lists. Some of the short stories I've been holding off buying are now $1 because they were already on sale.
Thanks - added to OP

Details:

We're celebrating Audiobook Month with a sitewide sale!

Quote:
We kicked off Audiobook Month by asking you to tell us about the books you've loved the most, and now that the month is almost over - and after collecting all of your great answers - here they are! Browse through these member-generated collections, or, since just about every audiobook in our store in on sale, shop your Wish List. Happy listening, and happy Audiobook Month!
Edit: Whispersync pricing is excluded from this sale

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-26-2014 at 05:22 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #2480
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
On another note has any listened to or read today's daily deal, The Good Thief's Guide to Amsterdam by Chris Ewan Narrated by Simon Vance? wondering if its any good
I've read it. It was ok, a bit like Lawrence Block's Burglar series. I found the story a bit obvious and the writing simplistic, since I was expecting something more nuanced and complex because of the contemporary setting. You can't go wrong with Simon Vance reading it though.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #2481
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Isn't Audible having a First-In-A-Series sale too? I was looking at my wishlist and everything has a red sale price except for one book (Heat Wave by Richard Castle, currently $5.95), which I thought was part of that particular promotion.

Never mind, I checked and the email (suggesting that particular book) was for the summer BOGO sale that just ended. "First in A Series" was the Nook weekend sale.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #2482
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
Isn't Audible having a First-In-A-Series sale too? I was looking at my wishlist and everything has a red sale price except for one book (Heat Wave by Richard Castle, currently $5.95), which I thought was part of that particular promotion.

Never mind, I checked and the email (suggesting that particular book) was for the summer BOGO sale that just ended. "First in A Series" was the Nook weekend sale.
I've seen books that don't have a sale price, for some unknown reason: e.g., A Separate Peace and Sisters.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #2483
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I've seen books that don't have a sale price, for some unknown reason: e.g., A Separate Peace and Sisters.
Not every book is on sale....

Quote:
just about every audiobook in our store in on sale
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:50 AM   #2484
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
I got an email a few hours ago telling about a "fire sale" that a company called Erskines Gallery & Gifts, dba "wholesomechildhood.com," is having right now. They're also calling it a "$5 sale" because--you guessed it--nearly everything is $5. It goes through Thursday, June 26.

Everything is download only. I only had time to look quickly over the selection, but I was impressed by the items that they have--it's not stuff that you see all of the time. They have stuff on sale in these categories: homeschool, audio collections, and family resources, in reading material and audio formats. There is also a "Freebie Collection;" you can find it in the middle of the webpage whose address I am about to give you.

As you can probably tell, everything is oriented toward families with children or schoolteachers; however I saw several audiobooks that I think that I would like to buy for myself. Much of the material may be from a religious (Christianity) perspective, but it seems to be low key.

I've never done business with this company before, but the email that I got telling me about it was from a company (Knowledge Quest (http://www.knowledgequest.com) that I believe is on "the up and up."

Supposedly only the subscribers to Knowledge Quest's newsletters have been informed about the sale, but the Web page with the information on the sale can be accessed by anyone who points their browser to http://www.wholesomechildhood.com/Su.../HeldOver.html.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-25-2014 at 02:54 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:02 AM   #2485
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The following offers expire today:
Note: the Humble Bundle offer expires at 11am PT

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-25-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:19 AM   #2486
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Not every book is on sale....
In addition to the few that aren't on sale, Whispersync pricing is also excluded from this sale.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:40 AM   #2487
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

The following offer expires today:

Quote:
Coupon good for 60 days from date of issue.
The second $10 Avis promo expires next month - approx 24~29 Jul.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:42 PM   #2488
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

SYNC -- free audiobooks for week seven are now available -- details here
Old 06-27-2014, 07:34 AM   #2489
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Tantor has another freebie for us this week, and it's a good one. If you're interested in listening to "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas, you can get it for free here. This probably won't be free for long so if you're interested don't delay.

Enjoy!
skinmaan
Your audiobook bloodhound
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:56 AM   #2490
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Tantor has another freebie for us this week, and it's a good one. If you're interested in listening to "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas, you can get it for free here. This probably won't be free for long so if you're interested don't delay.
Thanks. I was very excited about getting this one, until I noticed that it's an abridged edition.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote