Notices

Old 01-25-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
Simon John Cox
Humble fabulist
Simon John Cox began at the beginning.

Device: None
Short story aesthetics test-o-rama

Hi everyone

I'm a writer, but I'm not a reader (in that I don't have a mobile reading thingummy and I'm a complete n00b when it comes to this technology), so I was wondering whether I might ask a favour of you.

I've written some short stories and published them on Smashwords, and as I can't view them in the way that they're intended to be viewed I wondered whether some of you might have a look at them and let me know whether they're easy to read or not - I don't want people to be put off by too-small print or bad font (or whatever other pitfalls there might be that I have no idea about).

There's one called Last Chance, one called Summer In Ridley and one called A Perk Of The Job - they're all free to download, and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...!

Simon
Simon John Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
They seem to be available in many formats: is there any format in particular you'd like tested? Aesthetically, I imagine they're fairly different from one another.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 03:02 AM   #3
Simon John Cox
Humble fabulist
Simon John Cox began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
They seem to be available in many formats: is there any format in particular you'd like tested? Aesthetically, I imagine they're fairly different from one another.
Er...whichever format that you personally would use most frequently, I suppose. Actually I can see the html and PDF versions on a computer (although I'm guessing they could look quite different on a reader), but I don't know what the Kindle, Epub or LRF look like at all.

So, in summary, comments on any of the formats would be really helpful.
Simon John Cox is offline   Reply With Quote