Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
25 minute video review of nook on zdnet

Article http://blogs.zdnet.com/mobile-gadgeteer/?p=2232

video

I'm still watching it myself. Its very thorough
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I'm only 1/2 way thru it..........its really intersting and a great review so far.

Just one thing.......he doesn't know what the "contacts" setting is for......I believe you enter emails of people you want to share books with here.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Okay.........this was better than going into a store!!

I like the 'sleekness' of the nook, and that when you are reading, the color display goes away so that you aren't distracted.

He did do a "side by side" with a sony505 and there is a definitely slower refresh with the nook......maybe this will be improved with a software update?

He showed it was slightly taller and thicker than the 505....meh.

And he mentioned that he would be doing future updates from within a BN store, mentioning that you could read an entire book.......which I believe is wrong. Its my understanding you have one hour limit.......

I'm not sure about the dictionary look up...seems a little 'clunky' but maybe its just because I am used to the outside cursor.

Overall, seems like a nice little reader. I wish BN luck!!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Thanks for the video link. Opening the book (one which had previously been opened) took way too long. I put a stop watch on it and it took about 27 seconds to open (around 16:32 to 17:01 on the video). My book opening experience was not that slow by any means though slower than my K2).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
palmsolo
palmsolo began at the beginning.

Device: B&N NOOKcolor
Will post update after more trials

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Just one thing.......he doesn't know what the "contacts" setting is for......I believe you enter emails of people you want to share books with here.......
D'oh, I forgot about lending That makes perfect sense for contacts now, but would be nice to synce them with your online B&N account. I will have to check if that is possible.

I am quite happy with the Nook and have no regrets for shelling out $283 for it.
palmsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 10:37 PM   #6
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Thanks for your work on the video maybe we need to send you a PocketBook 360
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #7
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
He showed it was slightly taller and thicker than the 505.
Rumor has it that it is thicker because in their attempt to provide the 'complete B&N experience' when you are using your Nook, one of the advanced settings extend a straw from the bottom of the device and you can download a cup of Starbuck's coffee in less than 60 seconds and that's why its thicker...that's what I heard anyway.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote