Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-04-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
cirerita
cirerita began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Best Windows reader (and browser) for PDF and EPUB

Hi,

I just bought a bunch of pdf and epub ebooks. They open and read fine in Adobe Digital Editions. Problem is, I would need to be able to search given words in all the ebooks. As far as I can see, I can search words within the document which is open, but not in the other files which are in the same directory.

In Adobe Acrobat, you can search and find items in the document which is open, but also in all the pdf files of a given directory. Is there any reader which allows you to find words in all the pdf AND epub files of a directory?

Another option would be to convert the epub files to pdf and use Acrobat Reader. I tried Calibre, but the resulting pdf file was too small and weird (less pages than the original epub file). IS there any good tool to convert epub files to pdf?

thanks!
cirerita is offline   Reply With Quote