Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-12-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
ragaisis
ragaisis began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Beating my head against HTML to LRF conversion

Yup. I'm a newly born idiot.

But I am willing to try most anything in my quest for the perfect eBook reader.

I'm currently beating my head against converting HTML to LRF. My problem is that it always generates extra lines between paragraphs (at least that is how it displays) and it always converts to either a monospaced font if I don't select anything in the "Look and Feel" screen or it makes everything italicized when I select a specific font.

I'm sure that there is an easier, better way to go about this. But I'm just trying options and seeing what happens.

Would anyone care to kindly point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Chris
ragaisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
convert to epub instead
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2009, 06:04 PM   #3
ragaisis

I am doing my conversion through Calibre (version 0.5.11) - that's why I'm in this particular forum. ;-) My guess is that there is some standard option I'm missing.

I drop the HTML into Calibre, and use the "Convert E-books" option. My OS is Mac OS X 10.5.6, and I'm trying to read on a PRS-505.

I'd upload a sample, but this forum thinks that every doc I try to upload is "invalid. However, they work fine in every other app that I can think of displaying html.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 05-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
ragaisis

Converting to ePub works!

Is there a way to know which format LRF or EPUB I should use, or is it really trial and error?

Thanks,

Chris
Old 05-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In general, use EPUB.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert