Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
smp_iliad
Connoisseur
smp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-bookssmp_iliad has learned how to read e-books

Device: KindleDX, iPhone3Gs
SW 1.5 is available now

Karel just updated the SW 1.5 is available now.
It is not automatically downloaded through companion software.
You must manually download and install it.

http://updates.irexnet.com/embedded/dr1000/latest.zip
smp_iliad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
It is certainly different. I like the new toolbar along the bottom. I'm just setting up the power management. So we'll see what happens.

Howard
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Full screen mode still doesn't enable you to do anything if you lock the sensors Keep that reset button
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #4
dlovely
Enthusiast
dlovely began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
any others update? I have it sitting right next to me and I'm hesitant to upgrade it despite all the new features. I just don't want to brick it
dlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovely View Post
any others update? I have it sitting right next to me and I'm hesitant to upgrade it despite all the new features. I just don't want to brick it
It worked no problem - you want it
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
My update worked fine. Now lets see how long my battery will last.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #7
dlovely
Enthusiast
dlovely began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
In the middle of it now, crossing fingers
dlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #8
planetrobbie
Connoisseur
planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: forgotten a treo 650 for a DR1000 and now for a nook -size does matter
it works

Yeees we have it and it works (almost). My dictionary is almost working fine now, the looked word is now inversed, but I had few crash once in a while I don't understand why the DR100 select all line instead of the clicked work !!

The button bar is really really convenient, everything is going in the right direction.

Karel and all keep up the good works.

planetrobbie
planetrobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:55 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Could someone give us a brief summary of the improvements in 1.5?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #10
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Could someone give us a brief summary of the improvements in 1.5?
I posted the full list of features and bug fixes from their release notes over in the other thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37928
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Thank you - I'd overlooked that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #12
planetrobbie
Connoisseur
planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.planetrobbie has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: forgotten a treo 650 for a DR1000 and now for a nook -size does matter
the wait is over ...

Hi All,

Here is just a quick summary about what I like in the latest 1.5 firmware :

1. you can now drag and drop icons to a dock at the bottom of the screen to have a quick access to your favorite functions.

2. It's great to be able to click battery and lock button instead of having to open the menu to lock or to try to guess how much battery you still have remaining.

3. DR1000 can now automatically switch off after 15/30/45 or 60 min of inactivity. It can also go to sleep after 30sec/45sec/1min/2min or 3min. The screen displays just a quite small zzz in the bottom right to indicate it is sleeping but you can still read what's displayed on screen, that's fine for me.

4. It doesn't crash any more on dictionary lookup. Not sure about that in the previous firmware but html dictionary lookup is now possible.

5. pdf and pressreader turn page faster.

Overall it's a really great update, for sure don't hesitate to update or you'll miss a lot.

Enjoy 1.5 ;-)

planetrobbie
planetrobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #13
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
There are no longer redundant screen refreshes which is great.
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote