Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
scottken
Addict
scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scottken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook color
50% off top 1000 Nook books, Barnes & Noble Sale this weekend

Saw this in my facebook feed. 50% off the top 1000 Nook books this weekend only.

There appear to be a lot of new releases and normally non-discounted books here at serious discount (i.e., the brand new Kate Atkinson at $7.49, Tina Fey's Bossypants at $3.99). Price range tends to be $7.49 for the new releases, with others ranging from $3.49 to $3.99 and lots of $4.99 and $5.99 as well. So while not the cheapest, it's certainly worth reviewing for books that normally don't go on sale.

I'm unfamiliar with posting B&N links, so hopefully there's no affiliate code below.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/?PRO...-weekend50sale

Last edited by scottken; 04-05-2013 at 02:27 PM.
scottken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Thanks for the info - lots of these new-release prices have been falling on Amazon too, now I get why!
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Thank you!
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Tapatalk is converting parts of the URL to smilies, so here's a link that works from Tapatalk:
Big Weekend NOOK Book Sale

Last edited by hwlester; 04-05-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Found a different link to the same sale that works in Tapatalk.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Funny thing is, looking through these, I see several items that have been featured in the Friday Freebies (or been dirt cheap) recently, so I suspect that a number of items on this list are top "sellers" because they were featured.
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Funny thing is, looking through these, I see several items that have been featured in the Friday Freebies (or been dirt cheap) recently, so I suspect that a number of items on this list are top "sellers" because they were featured.
I noticed that too, but to give them a little credit there are a number of front list/recent releases. Several have hit my wish list.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
OMG I spent $100 because the Stephanie Plum novels are part of this sale! I knew this day would come! *sniff* Most are $4.92 There are 19 Novels in all and 3 Between the Numbers Novels. I got the omnibus as Amazon cheaper.
Amazon has price match all but Three to Get Deadly. I got that through the B&N. I figure they get some thank you money for this amazing sale!

I am sooo happy!

Last edited by Blossom; 04-05-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I just saw this and got a bunch, AND saw a bunch I've paid full price for recently. Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore is there! But I haven't read 11/22/63 yet and that's there, and the Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald and Life After Life have both been tempting me, and they're there, and a couple more Dan Brown books, and The House Girl. I'm really pleased with what they've included in the sale. But I'm bummed out that I paid full price for so many of them. I really liked Before I Fall Asleep, and that was there too.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Oh, and they have Kate Morton books too! She is one of my favorite authors. Too bad I've already read all her books.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #10
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I noticed that too, but to give them a little credit there are a number of front list/recent releases. Several have hit my wish list.
Yeah, it is the top 1000 books, and I'm only talking about a dozen or so.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #11
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyWithNook View Post
Oh, and they have Kate Morton books too! She is one of my favorite authors. Too bad I've already read all her books.
Kate Morton and the new Kate Atkinson and Mr Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore on the list! I'm afraid for my pocketbook to see what else is on there. Thanks so much for sharing this sale!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #12
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
The Casual Vacancy is finally under $10! I also got a couple others that have been on my wishlist for a while. Thanks for posting this.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:07 AM   #13
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahgem View Post
The Casual Vacancy is finally under $10! I also got a couple others that have been on my wishlist for a while. Thanks for posting this.
I noticed this as well. Still probably more than I'm willing to pay, but more appealing.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #14
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
I've been watching for a discount on Cassandra Clare's books, and haven't seen one until now. $14 down to $5 - yippee!
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #15
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I must be the only person who couldn't find anything to buy--a few I already owned, and the others that piqued my interest a little bit were still too high-priced.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote