Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #76
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
I have two problems:
  1. When I quit the launcher, sometimes a random document is opened, sometimes it shows a broken home, sometimes I can't read epub books because it shows a blank screen instead, but it signals that the book is 99% read (?). All the times I have to restart the device. This is the content of the log file:
    Spoiler:

ScreenPlugin::ScreenPlugin()
    ScreenPlugin::create()
    Added: "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/pbchess-1.2.5/pbchess"
    Added: "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/checkers/checkers"
    Added: "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/sokoban/sokoban"
    Added: "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/reversi/reversi"
    Added: "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/gomoku/gomoku"
    Added: "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/notepad/notepad"
    Added: "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/Calculator/calculator"
    Added: "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/start.sh"
    Added: "poweroff"
    KoboFb::setDirty(0, 0, 1024, 758)
    KoboFbInternal::update()
    KoboFb::setDirty(76, 11, 46, 736)
    KoboFb::setDirty(591, 11, 46, 736)
    KoboFb::setDirty(591, 11, 46, 736)
    KoboFb::setDirty(0, 0, 1024, 758)
  2. The text editor is very slow. It's a pity, I installed the launcher mainly for it.

I have a Kobo Glo firmware 2.4.0 with Kobo Tweaks installed.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #77
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor
When I quit the launcher, sometimes a random document is opened, sometimes it shows a broken home, sometimes I can't read epub books because it shows a blank screen instead, but it signals that the book is 99% read (?). All the times I have to restart the device.
Thanks! will be fixed soon.

Quote:
The text editor is very slow. It's a pity, I installed the launcher mainly for it.
This is because the eink display is slow itself. But you can type symbols AS FAST AS YOU CAN and don't wait while they appear on the screen
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #78
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

about bug: good I think the "random document" is opened because Nichel takes the touch performed to close the launcher.

about text editor: ok, but I'm not a typist, I usually read the nonsenses I write ^^

other things: Do you plan to insert also a bash, and more difficulty levels for gomoku?

For a future game, I want to suggest Pearl

PS: thank you for the free key
Old 04-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #79
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Do you plan to insert also a bash
I am sure you are aware of it, but I mention it nevertheless. The fact that you can launch bash scripts and that you have a text editor gives you some nice opportunities.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #80
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

? Is this a "write it yourself"? :-P

EDIT: or are you saying "you can write shell scripts, modify the kobotweaks.ini and voilà"? Unluckily you can't open files or change the output path with the editor.

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 04-18-2013 at 03:28 AM.
Advert
Old 04-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #81
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
? Is this a "write it yourself"? :-P

EDIT: or are you saying "you can write shell scripts, modify the kobotweaks.ini and voilà"? Unluckily you can't open files or change the output path with the editor.
The idea is to have
1) a text file, for instance "myscript.txt" in the notepad text files folder
2) a bash script file, for instance "runmyscript.sh" that copies the "myscript.txt" to any place (or to the same folder) with the new name "myscript.sh" and then executes it.
3) an new entry in the ini file of the kobo launcher to the effect that you can call runmyscript.sh (I guess you can also use kobotweaks.ini here, if you still have a free slot)

Next you would write some commands into the "myscript.txt" file, save it, close notepad, launch "runmyscript.sh" from the kobo launcher.

For those characters you are likely to use in your scripts, but are not accessible via the keyboard (I did not see ">", but maybe it is somewhere there) you could prepare the "myscript.txt" file on your pc and include the needed characters in as comments in order to copy and past in when needed. Another way would be to write some placeholder strings instead fo those characters and replace them by some commands in the "runmyscript.sh".

I know this is not very comforable, but it seems to me an acceptable way of dealing with the operating system for small tasks.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #82
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Quote:
I can't read epub books because it shows a blank screen instead, but it signals that the book is 99% read (?). All the times I have to restart the device
Workaorund: open another book (a kepub for example) and change the text size. If you open a epub it is readable now, even if ToC is broken (you can see it, but using it to jump to chapter shows a black page).

@tshering: I never thought about this... this is a sokoban shell

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 04-18-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:08 AM   #83
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
@tshering: I never thought about this... this is a sokoban shell
I am really shocked. It seems I am a gamer after all!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #84
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Can I move notes to my pc if I want? And the launcher looks like book and I just find it, tap it and choose app?
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #85
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
Can I move notes to my pc if I want?
Yes, the notepad saves the text as txt-file on the user partition. You can copy it to your pc.
Quote:
And the launcher looks like book and I just find it, tap it and choose app?
This is how it works.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #86
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you!
I apologize in advance if answers should be obvious, but:
the firmware on my kobo is 2.5. Does this matter?
Should I avoid sync and updates after installing launcher?
Are the instructions on link in first post all, or is there something to be done before-hand?
Will this erase my books and Adobe id?
If I make a mistake can I return kobo back to original state and try again?
If I pause game/notepad, then say, read a book, when I return to launcher will it remember where it was? Can I reopen and edit notes?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:04 AM   #87
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Thank you!
I did not try, but I think it does not matter

Quote:
No need to avoid sync and updates.

Quote:
Are the instructions on link in first post all, or is there something to be done before-hand?
Nothing do be done before-hand

Quote:
NO
Quote:
Yes!

Quote:
If I pause game/notepad, then say, read a book, when I return to launcher will it remember where it was?
I cannot say with certainty, because I did not use the games, and only shortly tested notepad. But I guess you can.

Quote:
Can I reopen and edit notes?
Yes
Old 04-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #88
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you!
I haven't try 2.5 firmware yet, but I guess that it will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca
I think you shouldn't. But if you use KoboLauncher with Kobo Tweaks, I can't guarantee that Kobo Tweaks will work with the future firmware versions. But first, we can start KoboLauncher without Kobo Tweaks and second, I think the Kobo Tweaks project will be adopted to the future firmware versions anyway because of a lot of people are interested in it.

Quote:
That's all:
http://wiki.vlasovsoft.net/doku.php?...touch_glo_mini

Quote:
no

Quote:
yes, installation of KoboLaunches is just copying files ...

Quote:
If I pause game/notepad, then say, read a book, when I return to launcher will it remember where it was?
For chess - yes. For notepad - you should save a note before exit. For the rest of games - no.

Quote:
Can I reopen and edit notes?
sure.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #89
danicca
Addict

Can I add Launcher to shelf like any other book?
Old 04-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #90
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
When I quit the launcher, sometimes a random document is opened, sometimes it shows a broken home...
I've fixed this and updated installation.

Changed files: libKoboTS.so

Lucas, this fix should solve the issue but I'm waiting for your confirmation because I can reproduce this problem very rarely.

Quote:
.. sometimes I can't read epub books because it shows a blank screen instead, but it signals that the book is 99% read
I have this issue too. I couldn't find the reason of this issue. The solution that works for me:

Just after device turning on and before KoboLauncher start just open any epub. After closing it you can open KoboLauncher.

Quote:

Can I add Launcher to shelf like any other book?
Yes, launcher (if properly installed) is started when you open "launcher.png" file from the shelf.