Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
jpcapili
Enthusiast
jpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Touch 3G
screensavers on new Kindle

Are the screensavers the same for the ones who bought the kindle without special offers ($109) and for the ones who opted out to buy them later ($79+$30) via managemykindle?

Last edited by jpcapili; 10-14-2011 at 12:28 PM.
jpcapili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcapili View Post
Are the screensavers the same for the ones who bought the kindle without special offers ($109) and for the ones who opted out to buy them later ($79+$30) via managemykindle?
I'm pretty sure they are. I did a factory reset on my K4SO when I sent it back and when I was trying to power off the device it kept going to sleep and the screensavers match the regular screensavers that was posted here.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 03:02 PM   #3
jpcapili
Enthusiast
jpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notesjpcapili can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Touch 3G
why do you think the special offers ads on kindle touch cost higher than the ones for new kindle non-touch by $10?

p.s. how are you using dropbox with kindle? I have dropbox too. just curious

Last edited by jpcapili; 10-14-2011 at 03:04 PM.
jpcapili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcapili View Post
why do you think the special offers ads on kindle touch cost higher than the ones for new kindle non-touch by $10?

p.s. how are you using dropbox with kindle? I have dropbox too. just curious
It's not that it's cost more it's just the Touch has more features than the non touch. The Touch has audio, Text to Speech and pretty much the same options as the Kindle 3 while the Kindle 4 is just a basic reader with no audio, no TTS, smaller storage and smaller battery. So that's where the cost difference comes from. The screen contrast also seems to vary on the K4. Some get a good one and then people like me get one with not so great contrast.

I use Dropbox to hold my whole ebook library. I use it two ways. I use it to download books via the Kindle's browser directly into my Kindle and from my Android phone to send books directly to my Kindle's email. Saves me from having to be near a PC.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote