Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #166
kapsi
kapsi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I just discovered the Wifi transfer mode and I love it!
kapsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #167
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Can I install this if I am on 3.3 now? The instructions in the zip file talk about 3.2.1.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #168
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
Can I install this if I am on 3.3 now? The instructions in the zip file talk about 3.2.1.
yes,it works on 3.3. use update files under folder [...( For 3.2.1 and after )]. if it fails you may need to reset your Kindle to Factory default also.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #169
bach68
bach68 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Italian language file for Duokan Lite

Here is the italian language file for Duokan Lite 2011-12-08 C3283.

Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: txt Italiano.txt (20.3 KB, 270 views)
bach68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #170
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bach68 View Post
Here is the italian language file for Duokan Lite 2011-12-08 C3283.

Enjoy
it would be better if you inform Duokan Team also (via kindleuser@duokan.com )
Advert
Old 12-12-2011, 03:46 AM   #171
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Duokan app

Anyone have details of the app on Apple's app store please?
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #172
jarhead
Enthusiast
jarhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3.2.1
Folks,
When installing DL, do you copy all 3 bin files into the root or just the one for your Kindle?

Anyone had problems with WiFi not working after installing DL? Maybe it's just a coincidence that it stopped working; I have not used WiFi for a long time before installing DL.
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:51 AM   #173
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
Folks,
When installing DL, do you copy all 3 bin files into the root or just the one for your Kindle?

Anyone had problems with WiFi not working after installing DL? Maybe it's just a coincidence that it stopped working; I have not used WiFi for a long time before installing DL.
actually one for your Kindle but you can copy all

I have Duokan Lite installed and no problem with wifi

Last edited by thomass; 12-17-2011 at 04:54 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #174
jarhead
Enthusiast
jarhead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi 3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
actually one for your Kindle but you can copy all

I have Duokan Lite installed and no problem with wifi
Well, my WiFi started working again today. Maybe there is something wrong with my unit.
jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:49 AM   #175
thomass
Wizard

Duokan lite on Kindle4NT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by duokan.com
K4 friends, through our unremitting efforts, K4 and see more success has been fit, except no soft keyboard support, five-button, flip have been no problem.
At present there are still difficulties users to install, and needs to improve, please be patient.
Everyone's support, is our driving force -
Old 12-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #176
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
sorry, what forum they have posted that? . I do not find it.

What great news, I like the new design of k4 but I also like the DKLIte.
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:44 AM   #177
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxobaltar View Post
sorry, what forum they have posted that? . I do not find it.
http://translate.google.com/translat...51570-1-1.html
Old 12-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #178
George's Kindle
Enthusiast
George's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: kindle 3
Hi, this is a great thread.

I installed Duokan lite today on my K3 wifi and it is indeed a great program.

Installation was done by running the inistallation sh file through an ssh connection (K3 wifi with jailbreak and usbnetwork, FW 3.3).

Everything works fine.

Thanks again

George

Last edited by George's Kindle; 12-21-2011 at 03:00 PM.
George's Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:04 AM   #179
George's Kindle
Enthusiast
George's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beautyGeorge's Kindle does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: kindle 3
Hi,

I am currently struggling to install an english-german dictionary in Duokan lite.

I followed the links on the first page and downloaded the corresponding .rpm files. But I have no idea how I obtain the necessary .idx, .ifo and .dz files from here, which need to be transferred onto the Kindle. Do I have to install StarDict first?

Any help is very much appreciated.

George
George's Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:03 AM   #180
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by George's Kindle View Post
Hi,

I am currently struggling to install an english-german dictionary in Duokan lite.

I followed the links on the first page and downloaded the corresponding .rpm files. But I have no idea how I obtain the necessary .idx, .ifo and .dz files from here, which need to be transferred onto the Kindle. Do I have to install StarDict first?

Any help is very much appreciated.

George
open rpm file with 7zip.

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf