Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 01:08 AM   #76
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Yes, using esfileexplorer to network into my other computers is what I do. Transferring from USB is an option too, but that is also dealing with pulling in and out. Relying on wireless is the best option to preserve the device as long as possible.
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #77
westparker
westparker began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
I had opened the zip file on my PC and saw that the file inside was
update.zip.out
I retrieved another version from a different thread and opened it and found several zip files among other things inside.
I placed this different version on my USB stick, started my PE and the update loaded just fine.
I am still indebted to the many helpful suggestions I have found on this forum in all of the threads. I will try to root this thing so I can get to the android market. Thanks to all of you for sharing your results (especially after the many trials you may have endured).
westparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 07:49 PM   #78
merddynemrys
merddynemrys began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge + kindle
Having problems getting wallpaper (jpg) to show on reader screen. With first PE (with Android 1.6 loaded) I bought I seem to remember that I just loaded the jpg, and added the wallpaper from the main screen - it showed up on BOTH screens (tablet and reader) afterwards I upgraded to Android 2.2 beta. With my current acquisition I upgraded the system first to ANdroid 2.2 beta, THEN added the wallpaper - but it only shows up on the tablet screen. Is there some way to get it to show up on BOTH screens with Android 2.2 beta?
merddynemrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:06 PM   #79
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
If there is I can't find it. The best I could find is in Settings, under Display there's a Reader Default Wallpaper which would allow me to change my Reader Wallpaper to default, which I don't want to do since I have the picture I want on there!

I thought you could choose a picture from the Gallery but if that's true I don't see how.

Good luck, sorry I'm no help!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #80
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by merddynemrys View Post
Having problems getting wallpaper (jpg) to show on reader screen. With first PE (with Android 1.6 loaded) I bought I seem to remember that I just loaded the jpg, and added the wallpaper from the main screen - it showed up on BOTH screens (tablet and reader) afterwards I upgraded to Android 2.2 beta. With my current acquisition I upgraded the system first to ANdroid 2.2 beta, THEN added the wallpaper - but it only shows up on the tablet screen. Is there some way to get it to show up on BOTH screens with Android 2.2 beta?
yes, open up the image viewer and tap and hold on the image you want, then tap on set as reader background(not sure the actual wording), that should work, sorry if you mentioned that you already tried that(not sure by your post)...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #81
merddynemrys
merddynemrys began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge + kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
yes, open up the image viewer and tap and hold on the image you want, then tap on set as reader background(not sure the actual wording), that should work, sorry if you mentioned that you already tried that(not sure by your post)...
emusan - I can bring up the image on the tablet either from the "Gallery" icon or "Menu key + "Wallpaper"". I can tap the image and hold it as long as I want - no effect. If I just tap the image it opens up with a box to set the size and "Add" and "Discard" buttons - there is no "Add to Reader" option. If I use "Add" I just get a repeat on the tablet screen. Any ideas?

UPDATE:
Not entirely sure what I did now, BUT I re-imported the jpg into the on-board library (the original was on the SD card). Went to "Gallery" - it shows 2 copies of jpg. If I select one then hold down the (single) image with the pen it does indeed come up with the selection screen with the option to load to the eReader. My first attempt failed (I believe that this is the jpg on the SD card). My second attempt (I believe this was the Library image) suceeded. It appears that there may be some issue with "location" of the image file (Anyone?).
Thanks emusan for the input.

Last edited by merddynemrys; 07-22-2011 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Update
merddynemrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:07 AM   #82
Vit-orekhov
Enthusiast
Vit-orekhov began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
I think, it works...
Vit-orekhov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #83
littleal
littleal began at the beginning.

Device: Hindle DX and Entiurage edge
I have followed the instructions to the letter and still can't get Gmail, contacts, calendar working. I installed the Gapps backup OK and they all appeared OK, but not working.
I have a Gmail account and can log iI using the browser also Froyo logs in but no Gmail. Therefore I can't get Market working.
Suggestion or help appreciated
littleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:57 AM   #84
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
littleal -

Of course, I'm happy to help, but you need to be more clear about your problems:

1. Which procedure, exactly, did you use? Are you trying to get the Market to work by using another Android phone? Or are you just attempting to manually install the various gapps? Remember: without another Android phone, we still don't have a method for getting the Market to work. You can only get the Market working if you have another Android phone.

2. If you were just manually installing the gapps, can you give me an exact list of what you installed? And did you use the YouTube application to enable your Google account?

3. If you are using another Android phone, can you describe the exact procedure that you used? What programs did you backup and copy over to your eDGe?

4. And, finally, what error messages have you been receiving? What exactly is wrong?

Hopefully, we can get this working!
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:34 AM   #85
littleal
littleal began at the beginning.

Device: Hindle DX and Entiurage edge
Market on edge

Kennyminot.
I have just tried one last time to activate the market.
1. Rooted the EE. OK
22. Installed Titanium Backup and Root Explorer. OK
3. Unzipped the Happs files and placed them in the TB folder. OK
Previously I unzipped the files and then unzipped the GZ files before moving them to the TB folder. (No wonder it did not work).
4. Opened RB and resored the * files at the top of the page. i.e not the bottom. They had a checknark against them.
Rebooted and got nothing.
5. Did the market fix. OK
Now I have Gmail working, Calendar and Cintacts to a point.
Can open Market but get one of 2 messages when selecting an app. They are "authorising payment" or "Starting download" with no progressin either. No Talk. YouTube can play videos but cannot login to My Channel.
Thenk you si far.
littleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:52 AM   #86
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

littleal -

I'm a little confused with these two steps:

Quote:
22. Installed Titanium Backup and Root Explorer. OK
3. Unzipped the Happs files and placed them in the TB folder. OK
You actually don't need to unzip anything to get the Market to work. Basically, you just do this: you take your Android phone, backup the gapp files with Titanium Backup, and move the folder directly to your eDGe. Then, you restore them in Titanium Backup on your eDGe. You shouldn't have to unzip any of the files.

Also, when you backed them up on your phone, did you select the app+data option?

OK - finally -

Go to settings and then click Accounts & Sync. Look to see if you have your Google account in the list. If not, see what happens if you manually add it with the "add account" button on the bottom of the page. To me, it sounds like you might have never went through the account authorization process.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #87
jsibauste
jsibauste began at the beginning.

Device: PocketEdge
I have followed the steps above and I am restoring the files from my HTC EVO 4G phone to my PE. When I do a restore app+data I get an error :
Parse Error
There is a problem parsing the package.

On my phone, I have Android 2.3.3 HTC Sense ver 2.1

On Edge I have Android 2.2.1 Ermine 0.9

Gmail, YouTube work
Talk, Market do not work

I am also now getting on my Edge that there is an update available. I will post more when I try this at home. I ran out of time here at work.

Last edited by jsibauste; 08-05-2011 at 11:39 AM.
jsibauste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #88
kennyminot
Groupie

Maybe it's because both of you are using Gingerbread? My phone still has a Froyo build.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:50 AM   #89
jsibauste
jsibauste began at the beginning.

Device: PocketEdge
I am going to try to downgrade my phone

Should I do a clean installation and go back to dingo? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
jsibauste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #90
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Amazon App store available in Brazil...

I download from the Amazon App Store from Brazil. I did open the Amazon account when I lived in the US, so their system does not seem to filter out non US IP addresses. I think that non-US residents would also have to have access to a US credit card, as well as a US address, to open an account, but I'm not sure of that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
If you are trying to use a windows based PC you have two choices.

1) Turn off the AV software on the PC, download it, copy it to a USB stick, unplug the USB stick and turn on the AV software again.

2) Download a Linux live CD image, burn it to CD, reboot the PC with the live CD, download it and copy to USB.

Kenny, the Amazon app store appears to be US only at the moment
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote