Old 03-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
Tegan
Connoisseur
Tegan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1st Gen, Kindle 3 SO
Christian Science Monitor Recipe Problem

Over at the Kindle Forums, I saw this:
Quote:
"I tried the the CSM with Calibre the other day but found one big drawback. It didn't handle the Monitor's longer, multi-page articles, i.e. the ones where on the CSM website you have to click on "2" at the bottom of page one in order to go to page two. The download from Calibre didn't allow me to click in order to go to the next page on those articles which required it, so I was left high and dry in the middle of those articles--exceedingly frustrating. Has anyone found a way around this problem? "
Doing a quick check, it appears that this is a problem. The first article I found with the problem was a two-parter about Biden visiting Moscow. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Tegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegan View Post
Over at the Kindle Forums, I saw this:

Doing a quick check, it appears that this is a problem. The first article I found with the problem was a two-parter about Biden visiting Moscow. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
The recipe probably was not written to handle multipage articles. Search this forum for "multipage" or "append_page" and see the AdventureGamers recipe.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2011, 07:09 AM   #3
forceps
Enthusiast
forceps doesn't litterforceps doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DXG
some pages on csmonitor have printed version, some only have "next" button. So far I only get the print version work.
Attached Files
File Type: txt chr_mon.txt (4.8 KB, 187 views)
forceps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
forceps
Enthusiast
forceps doesn't litterforceps doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DXG
this one should works, it will try grab print version first, for article only have multipage version, it try follow the "Next" link and append next page one by one.
I tested it over http://rss.csmonitor.com/feeds/usa.
Attached Files
File Type: txt chr_mon.txt (6.9 KB, 197 views)
forceps is offline   Reply With Quote