Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 06:19 AM   #1
Luuk
Luuk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2 (US version)
difference between Us and Global wireless

Hallo to you all,
I would like to know if there is a fisycal difference between the Us and Global wireless? Or is it just software.
Who can help me with
Luuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:01 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
They use different hardware. The original version used EVDO and Sprint. The new versions uses GSM and AT&T.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
Mitch G
Connoisseur
Mitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
And to clarify, the physical look and feel are no different between the two. And, the user interface and experience is the same between the two.
They simply use different radios inside.

Mitch
Mitch G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:26 AM   #4
tablettweet
Connoisseur
tablettweet began at the beginning.

Device: IPad 1&2,IPod Touch 4G, DXG, Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle Touch
Like everybody said, There is no physical difference. and I think in the future there will be no Kindle U.S. edition only global wireless. I mean people in the U.S. will use the same model as worldwide. So, to fit with the previous design of Kindle cover, protection or anything they have to keep their design as same as U.S. edition.
tablettweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:13 AM   #5
Luuk
Luuk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2 (US version)
Thanks for all your answers.
I got a kindle from a freind ( from the USA) and could not get the connection working here in the Netherlands. Now I know why! The only option left is to first download books to my pc and then to the Kindle, that works but is less fun than online
Luuk is offline   Reply With Quote