Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
Woot. My PRS-600 shipped out today!

From Crutchfield! Curious thing is, I shipped my PRS-700 to Sony RMA/Replacement today too.. Maybe it's a sign?
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
This is the first PRS-600 prefix, or any Sony prefix, that I've seen. Thanks.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
formerroadie
Bada Bing
formerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enoughformerroadie will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
This is the first PRS-600 prefix, or any Sony prefix, that I've seen. Thanks.

WDE.
Can you tell me what you mean by "prefix?"
formerroadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
I think they mean the purple highlighted PRS-600 at the top left side of the screen
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
When you create a new thread in the Sony PRS-300/600/700/2121 forum, you can now add a prefix by using the drop down menu, just to the left of the thread title.

These are probably colour coded so you can easily distinguish between devices.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
DougFNJ
Avid Reader
DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.DougFNJ is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature, 2TB iPad Pro 11”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
When you create a new thread in the Sony PRS-300/600/700/2121 forum, you can now add a prefix by using the drop down menu, just to the left of the thread title.

These are probably colour coded so you can easily distinguish between devices.

WDE.
Looking deeper into it after seeing the create new Thread, there is now a drop down box, it makes the searching a lot easier at the top of the screen as well. I wish we could edit posts to include that dropdown box....
DougFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I live in Chicago and was informed that Abt Electronics has the 600 in stock. Just ordered it online for pickup and have been told it is ready. Will be going there after work. Luckily it's only a 30 minute drive.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
I live in Chicago and was informed that Abt Electronics has the 600 in stock. Just ordered it online for pickup and have been told it is ready. Will be going there after work. Luckily it's only a 30 minute drive.
Ooh, you're so lucky! Looking forward to your review!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #9
tracyeo
Connoisseur
tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505;PRS-600;Sony PRS-350;Kobo Mini;Kobo Clara HD
Crutchfield.com now has silver prs-600 in stock:

http://www.crutchfield.com/app/produ...s600&x=32&y=21

My preorder is in the shipping process.

Be sure to google for coupon codes:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/crutchfield.com

I got a $20.00 discount, free shipping and no tax to my area.
tracyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #10
yihyng
yihyng began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by komugi View Post
From Crutchfield! Curious thing is, I shipped my PRS-700 to Sony RMA/Replacement today too.. Maybe it's a sign?
I got mine from Crutchfield as well - waiting for delivery...

I ordered the red one initially but it's not in stock, and I got fed up waiting for it to come. So I called up to change it to the black one - hopefully it will arrive tomorrow...
yihyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:35 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
The moderators can edit the thread and add a pre-fix. If you guys feel a thread is specifically about a certain model and needs a pre-fix... please report the thread suggesting we add a pre-fix. If we agree we will be happy to add the pre-fix.

I'm not saying we will always though..

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:10 AM   #12
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
You guys are so lucky. I preordered mine at Borders to avoid shipping. They were to arrive there on Sept. 19 according to the Borders site, but now it says the 18th. At least I will have a nice cover for it. I ordered the m-edge executive cover and it should be coming soon. In the mean time, I want my reader. I am tired of waiting... and waiting... and...
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #13
Dragon_Well
Enthusiast
Dragon_Well began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZ-reader, Sony PRS-600
Silver PRS 600 just shipped from Newegg!!
Dragon_Well is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #14
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
Got my PRS-600 Black today
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:10 AM   #15
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I cancelled my order at Borders. Who knows when it will get here. Went on line and found the Abt site. Silver was in stock. Will get it some time next wk. now. Am really excited. I have been waiting, and waiting, and...
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote