Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
New BeBook eReader: adds Wifi and touchscreen!

A little bird told us that a new BeBook device is about to be unveiled. The new model, of which we don't know the name yet, will add the following exciting features:
  • Complete redesign
  • Wireless connectivity (3G and/or WiFi)
  • Touchscreen navigation
  • ePub support (with and without DRM)
  • Wireless RSS support

The official launch is scheduled for summer 2009, though you might be able to get a first glimpse of the new BeBook at the Cebit exhibit in Hannover, Germany next week or at the Paris Book Fair in Paris, France from March 13th to 18th.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Zelda, we need you there to check it out!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hey, if i can go there, i won't miss it !! i might be able to get an invite from one of my "contacts" .

so many exciting new devices, i really can't keep up... i think i need to win the loto to buy ALL of them !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Zelda, we need you there to check it out!
I think MR might have a corespondent going to this show. But, it's not for me to say who or if this is true. I could be lying.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I think MR might have a corespondent going to this show. But, it's not for me to say who or if this is true. I could be lying.

BOb
It's you, isn't it?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's you, isn't it?
Umm... er... no.

BOb
Old 02-26-2009, 05:59 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Umm... er... no.

BOb
Please bring me back some Haribo Sweetheart gummies while you are there, ok?
Old 02-26-2009, 06:13 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Please bring me back some Haribo Sweetheart gummies while you are there, ok?
It's really not me. I don't even have a passport.

BOb
Old 02-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #9
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hey, if i can go there, i won't miss it !! i might be able to get an invite from one of my "contacts" .

so many exciting new devices, i really can't keep up... i think i need to win the loto to buy ALL of them !!!
/has sudden vision of a book case filled with electronic readers...

Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:23 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
/has sudden vision of a book case filled with electronic readers...

hmm, kind of goes against my plan of freeing up some space around here by emptying the bookshelves, doesn't it...
Old 02-26-2009, 06:31 PM   #11
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
A little bird told us that a new BeBook device is about to be unveiled. The new model, of which we don't know the name yet, will add the following exciting features:
  • Complete redesign
  • Wireless connectivity (3G and/or WiFi)
  • Touchscreen navigation
  • ePub support (with and without DRM)
  • Wireless RSS support

The official launch is scheduled for summer 2009, though you might be able to get a first glimpse of the new BeBook at the Cebit exhibit in Hannover, Germany next week or at the Paris Book Fair in Paris, France from March 13th to 18th.
That sounds suspiciously to good to be true (or too expensive to buy ). Just imagine: epubs via 3G directly to your screen. Yumm! Pics please!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #12
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hmm, kind of goes against my plan of freeing up some space around here by emptying the bookshelves, doesn't it...
You really only need one for each end table or night stand, and one to carry.
So maybe five or seven for the average two person family with an empty nest.
After large screens come in then you want large ones for the house and smaller ones to carry.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
You really only need one for each end table or night stand, and one to carry.
So maybe five or seven for the average two person family with an empty nest.
After large screens come in then you want large ones for the house and smaller ones to carry.
that sounds reasonable.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #14
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I hope they keep the old one around for awhile. Openinkpot is etting pretty good.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:46 PM   #15
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
/me wants one of those.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote