Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-08-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
aterry13
Enthusiast
aterry13 began at the beginning.

Device: nook str
Nook Simple Touch with Glow Software Update messed up all the books

I just updated my Simple Touch with Glow. When I did that, all of my Calibre converted book - with an embedded font reverted back to the original font. Any ideas why or how I can undo this without reconverting all my books (and so far, the first two I tried to convert and imbed a font into, it does not come up....) This update was the 1.2.1 software update which I put on because B & N asked me to in order to troubleshoot a broken touch screen... Also, in case it helps (and this is even more perplexing) my books are all on an SD card... so really they shouldn't have changed at all, correct?

I have done a little more investigating... The book shows up right in Calibre and Sigil. The book LOOKS perfect. But it is coming up all messed up on the Nook since the update. Right now, I have extra spaces between paragraphs and the default fonts even though the book code is correct in Sigil and Calibre. Is there any way to undo the update?

I have removed the book, turned off the Nook, disconnected, etc. Then reconnected and replaced the book, etc. But right now, all my books are screwy and it is very upsetting....

Further update - YAY! If you have the same problem, under the settings, choose Publisher Default and that fixes it! It is in the same place you can change the font and spacing....

Last edited by aterry13; 10-08-2013 at 09:07 PM. Reason: situation update
aterry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Perhaps your problem has to do with the "use Publisher defaults' setting on the Nook. If this is turned off, the Nook settings overrule the settings that are in the ebook file.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote