Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Question Fire HD - Music Playlists

Has anyone been able to get playlists onto the Fire and have them usable in the music program? I am using Mediamonkey to transfer music to my Fire, the playlist shows there but it is not visible in any of music apps. What settings should I be using?

TIA
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Has anyone been able to get playlists onto the Fire and have them usable in the music program? I am using Mediamonkey to transfer music to my Fire, the playlist shows there but it is not visible in any of music apps. What settings should I be using?

TIA
Play lists need to be made at Amazon Cloud Player site but this will only work for music on the cloud. I'm not sure about sideloaded music apps.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:07 AM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Play lists need to be made at Amazon Cloud Player site but this will only work for music on the cloud. I'm not sure about sideloaded music apps.
Thanks, that is disappointing, did Amazon ever think that users would want to listen to music on the Fire when the Cloud is not available??
Old 10-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Yes you can. On my FireHd I down/side load my music and in the player there is a menu that allows me to create my playlists.

No cloud or internet needed, just the songs that are living on the kindle itself.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201013280

Last edited by DustyDisks; 10-05-2012 at 09:27 AM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Thanks Dusty but I do not want to re-create the playlists I was looking for a way to import specific playlists from my computer. Guess I am stuck with uploading them to the cloud and then downloading them to the Fire. Though the Doubletwist app sees the ones that I imported from my computer. I may have to switch to using that app instead of this tedious business with Amazon's music player.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks Dusty but I do not want to re-create the playlists I was looking for a way to import specific playlists from my computer. Guess I am stuck with uploading them to the cloud and then downloading them to the Fire. Though the Doubletwist app sees the ones that I imported from my computer. I may have to switch to using that app instead of this tedious business with Amazon's music player.
I am in the process of ripping about 50-60 albums using windows media player. I have my KFHD hooked up and windows sees it as a player that I can sync from media player to the kindle. It also looks like I can create my play lists using windows? I am going to try and create playlists in media player and then sync them into the kindle. If that works I will try to sync from the kindle to the cloud. I do not like the 250 song limit the cloud has. I also could use drop box but that means that internet has to be connected.

Phooey!

Have not got to that stage yet, but for transferring my music it looks like it will be quicker to sync computer to kindle. I am trying to avoid the cloud and the upload and download time involved.

Stay tuned!
Old 10-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
I am trying to avoid the cloud and the upload and download time involved.

Stay tuned!
Same here. I use Mediamonkey and it does sync the music and says it syncs the playlists but Amazon's Music Player doesn't see them although Double Twist does. I tried contacting CS but their answer is to sync from the Cloud. I think their CS is great but I am getting tired of them thinking the Cloud is the answer to everything. Did they ever stop to think that wireless access is not always accessible, which is why I want music available locally??
Old 10-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Same here. I use Mediamonkey and it does sync the music and says it syncs the playlists but Amazon's Music Player doesn't see them although Double Twist does. I tried contacting CS but their answer is to sync from the Cloud. I think their CS is great but I am getting tired of them thinking the Cloud is the answer to everything. Did they ever stop to think that wireless access is not always accessible, which is why I want music available locally??
You can download music and playlist from the cloud and keep them locally. You don't need to stream. I do this on my devices. You just have to make sure you upload it first. What's great is you can download a playlist and all tunes on it with one single click.

You won't be able to use other playlists with the KF's Music app but you might look for a sideload app that can. I do know on my phone that the playlist Amazon downloads is seen by the default Android music app. So maybe there is a way. Not sure if the KF uses the same format as Amazon MP3 app though.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #9
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training

Quote:
That is why I am going to copy my music directly to my kindle.

Problem solved!

I am a semi-old fart in training! And I do believe in "If you don't hold it you do not own it!" So all off site storage I view with great suspicion and do not trust anyone with my stuff, including myself sometimes!

Old 10-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #10
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You can download music and playlist from the cloud and keep them locally. You don't need to stream. I do this on my devices. You just have to make sure you upload it first. What's great is you can download a playlist and all tunes on it with one single click.

You won't be able to use other playlists with the KF's Music app but you might look for a sideload app that can. I do know on my phone that the playlist Amazon downloads is seen by the default Android music app. So maybe there is a way. Not sure if the KF uses the same format as Amazon MP3 app though.
Thanks Blossom I think I am just going to skip Amazon's player and use Double Twist. I do not want to have to upload to the Cloud just so I can download to the Fire. With DoubleTwist all I have to do is sync with the computer and then restart the Fire.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks Blossom I think I am just going to skip Amazon's player and use Double Twist. I do not want to have to upload to the Cloud just so I can download to the Fire. With DoubleTwist all I have to do is sync with the computer and then restart the Fire.
I pay $25 a year so all my music is already there. It works great for me. I keep what I listen to most locally on my phone so I don't go over my data plan.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #12
grahamjt
grahamjt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Hi, @nynaevelan

You don't need to buy only from Amazon. Side load any content from your computer using the USB cable supplied. I have audio-books as well as music in my Music File (mp3 & mp4) organised in playlists. All work fine. You can't only store them on Amazon's cloud. Either keep them on your device or use one of the other free cloud stores like MS Skydrive and temporarily download them.

I've also downloaded non-Amazon content direct to my Fire HD. I keep a lot of books and podcasts - again mainly MP3/MP4 often the app makes a new internal folder. Move them into Music or use them through an App. ES File Explorer App (free I think) is a great help but you can also use Explorer in Windows which shows up your device as an external drive when connected through USB. This helps you move things around on your device.

Hope that helps. Graham
grahamjt is offline   Reply With Quote