Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #26566
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
My fourth tea.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #26567
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Glass of Fitou.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #26568
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Glass of Fitou.
Gesunheit!

Fuller's Black Cab Stout
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:43 PM   #26569
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Boring, but I like it... Sumatra in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:00 AM   #26570
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
A glass of 2009 Burrowing Owl Syrah from the Naramata Bench in British Columbia. A lovely syrah, but two sips in and I have a raging red wine headache. Sigh.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #26571
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Bancha in my cup.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #26572
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Murcie's Russian Caravan today, as the fog inversion continues. I know this is "normal" for this time of year, but I'm ready for it to be done now, thank you!
Old 10-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #26573
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
A glass of 2009 Burrowing Owl Syrah from the Naramata Bench in British Columbia. A lovely syrah, but two sips in and I have a raging red wine headache. Sigh.
I feel your pain .... I haven't been able to drink red wine for years .....
Old 10-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #26574
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Murcie's Russian Caravan today, as the fog inversion continues. I know this is "normal" for this time of year, but I'm ready for it to be done now, thank you!
we've had numerous days where I can't even see across the pasture. this is MUCH more intense the normal years

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I feel your pain .... I haven't been able to drink red wine for years .....
me three
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #26575
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Yes, the fog is a good deal worse than usual, I agree. We had that lovely spell of beautiful weather first, but then the temperature got inverted and the fog is here. I can't see down the hill to town, and this morning couldn't see across the street.

On red wine headaches -- I usually manage to avoid them. Probably 75% of the time. But sometimes it doesn't work. Here's what I do: 30 minutes before I have my first sip, I take two aspirin (ASA) with a full glass of water. Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, and even OxyContin don't seem to work. (But with the Oxy, you don't CARE. ) But Aspirin mostly does. But I never know why it doesn't when it doesn't, I just know that I roll the dice, and sometimes it comes up snake-eyes.

Drinking diet coke today.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #26576
poohbear_nc
Now what?

I have found that drinking several full glasses of water after drinking the red wine can sometimes derail the headache.... and 2 aspirin never hurt ...
Old 10-22-2013, 12:36 AM   #26577
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Key is to get the aspirin early, so it's into your bloodstream before the yeast byproducts hit. But certainly, the water doesn't hurt at any point.

Tonight, I had pizza and a bottle of (cheap) sparkler. It looks like I went from no work at all, to WAY too much. I actually called someone that I had been talking to about work and declined the job. Turned out my editor at MS Press wants me to jump in and do a book that has been troubled. It will be a good seller, almost certainly, so worth focusing on it for the next 3 months. A ridiculous schedule (of course), but one I can do if I focus on only the one thing. Well, plus the tech reviews I'm doing. But NOT going to take on another project beyond that. Though as soon as I finish this, we're already talking about a completely new idea I have for a book that she's really excited about, since it lines up with something she'd been thinking of independently. If it comes together, would be a nice, steady stream for a while. Wouldn't that be a change!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:12 AM   #26578
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
That would be great; good luck.

Fresh coffee and thinking about some M&M's for a snack.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #26579
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Afternoon Assam tea from the East India Company, as I get ready for tonight's jam.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #26580
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Wuti Shan Red Cape Oolong.

Little Man needs a one pound pumpkin at day care so we went pumpkin shopping last night. I picked out his pumpkin and he picked out mine. I had brought over a nice pumpkin, probably 20 pounds. Little Man prefered the 40 something pound massive pumpkin. So I got to push home the stroller with 42 pounds of pumpkin and 30 pounds of LM. I wear a pedometer these days but I am reasonably certain that those steps contained extra exercise...
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?